Spacers

MarcQuinlivan

Reaction score
Website
audiretrofit.quinlivan.net
Anybody got any suggestions on where to buy spacers or what brand\type to go for?

I'm contemplating fitting some to my car, but am not sure. I have 18in factory fit RS4s on my car.

What is involved in fitting them? Forgive my ignorance, but can somebody tell me what they are? Are they like a washer that goes on each wheelnut or a disc that sits between the wheel and the hub?

Thanks in advance.

I'd go for H&R hubcentric spacers and longer bolts which we can supply you with. It's basically an aluminium disc that sits between the hub of the car and your wheel and the bolts go in through the wheels as normal and also through the spacer and into the hub.

DPM said:
I'd go for H&R hubcentric spacers and longer bolts which we can supply you with. It's basically an aluminium disc that sits between the hub of the car and your wheel and the bolts go in through the wheels as normal and also through the spacer and into the hub.
Thanks. is there a standard spacer, or are they dependent on wheel size, etc?

Have you got a price, and a charge for delivery to Ireland or Northern Ireland? I can supply an address in either location if one method is substantially cheaper.

i might be interested too DPM once i get my new wheels fitted

they are ET50 so i might want to bring them out a couple more mm - i shall let you know over the weekend!

oh and price inc. postage to northern ireland too please!

thanks

DPM said:
All depends what sizes your after? 8, 10, 15, 20 or 25mm?
presumably the size refers to how thick the spacer is?

can anybody offer any suggestions on which one to go for?

I have the S-Line sports suspension which is 25mm lower than the standard A3 and 18in factory fit RS4s.

DPM can you let me know the costs for this as well please. same sizes, 10mm front, 15mm rear. Delivery to North West though or South East which ever is closest!

DPM,

Cheers dude.

do you need to get any wheel alignment or anything carried out after fitting?

Last question(s)

Why do you have 10mm at the front and 15mm at the back? is it better than 10 & 10?

also what happens about your locking wheel nuts? i take it they will not reach after?

Sorry for hi jacking thread peeps!

yeah but what about locking ones?

I think Damian meant to say McGuard do longer locking wheel bolts than what he typed!

Here is my new S3 with 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacers on the rear, it makes it look so much better. Anyone want more info on fitting, advice etc give me a shout.

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

JamS3 said:
I think Damian meant to say McGuard do longer locking wheel bolts than what he typed!

Here is my new S3 with 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacers on the rear, it makes it look so much better. Anyone want more info on fitting, advice etc give me a shout.

beautifull :anbet: