Spacers

Scream.UK

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to the forum and due to take delivery of my C8 Avant on the 18th all being well. I have a few bits and pieces that i'll be doing to the car but I just wanted to find out if anyone had put spacers on the car to give it a bit more width all round?

Nope, keeping mine as standard. Not sure what spacers would "bring to the party"?

Are they just for visual purposes?

Nope, keeping mine as standard. Not sure what spacers would "bring to the party"?

Are they just for visual purposes?

Essentially yes just for visual purposes but also to negate the increase in offset that my new wheels will bring to the table

Hi all, i'm new to the forum and due to take delivery of my C8 Avant on the 18th all being well. I have a few bits and pieces that i'll be doing to the car but I just wanted to find out if anyone had put spacers on the car to give it a bit more width all round?
Hi, wondering if you managed to put on some spacers? if so, specs and any pics?

I agree.
Spacers, whilst giving a better stance, don’t do anything but hurt handling.

As long as you're not going stupidly wide and keep the front and rear sizing within 10mm of each other then they won't really 'hurt the handling'.

Damian @ DPM Performance

As long as you're not going stupidly wide and keep the front and rear sizing within 10mm of each other then they won't really 'hurt the handling'.

Damian @ DPM Performance

hey! What are the options on this model?

Whilst spacers might help handling on a corsa I doubt if it'll make a whisker of a difference to a large family saloon. Can't believe anyone would want to 'chavy' the already beautiful looking C8 A6 anyway, but each to their own...

Reactions: DaveW and Audidi
Crumbs. The A6 C8 is wider than the C6/C7 units. I don’t fancy on-road parking with spaces!
Likewise, I have no grizzles about lateral road holding.