Spacers for C7 A6 BiTurbo on 20"s

AtotheK

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you are running spacers on your C7s?
And if so, what specifications you're running?
Any before / after pics would be great too...

Just planning a "beef-up" of the looks and looking for some info/thoughts etc.

I had H&R spacers on my A3 which I ran for apporx 4 years without issue. Only 10mm but they did the job nicely

When I saw this thread I looked ay my car and thought 'yeah it does need a bit of help'.........

DAMN YOU!!! Lol

Sure I haven't even got it yet and I'm spending money already!

Reactions: Rhyso
I've researched alright but I'm not taking delivery for 10 days or so. Once I do and get measurements I'll make the final decision... I'll keep you informed

I contatced DPM this afternoon :)

I got the 19's so not sure the difference in the offset but i was advised 10mm for the front and 15mm for rear
I just want a subtle widening

I'll probs go through DPM too. I just want to measure from the wheel arch in to the rim before I make the call. Car in UK port so not long to wait now...

I've got 10" or 10.5" rears, cant remember which, and don't run spacers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457823625196810

Reactions: AtotheK
Meaty @evans1088

Reactions: evans1089
Quite annoying that VAG has decided to increase the centrebore size! I have a load of spacers from my S3 in varying sizes between 5mm-25mm, and non can be used on my A6! :(

So hopefully someone can help...
I've measured up and from outermost tyre edge to outer wheel arch and what I get is 20mm front and 17mm rear. I was thinking 15mm spacer front which would suggest 12mm at rear to keep wheels evenly overhung front and rear...
The tears could take up to 15mm due to the wing wall being significantly thinner at the rears but I think evenness front to rear is probably more desirable?!
So I decided to call dpm performance to order H&R and he suggested that most would order 10 front and 15 rear... I can't get my head around this as then the tears will be pushed out to flush but the fronts will still be under by 10mm??!?!
Am I missing something here?
I feel like I'm going mad!
Any experience /thoughts /help gratefully accepted...
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear in my you need a bit more front clearance to allow for the front wheels to turn. The complex multi link suspension means the wheels pivot in a different motion than you would think. Also, most wheels with tuck in a little at the top(increase in camber) as it compresses. I think 10/15mm is a nice compromise.

Reactions: AtotheK
Last edited:
Front looks silly but the rear looks smart

I'll be going for just 15mm on the back; fronts on mine look ok but the rears are practically hiding in the arches!

Reactions: TimM
So I measured my standard wheels today and both the front and rears could do with approx 20mm to get the tyre side wall to allign with the arch. Any one else on here want to offer some advise before I commit to purchasing some spacers. I'm thinking of getting a pair of 15mm spacers and trying them on the front and rear before I buy the other two spacers.

I've got 10" or 10.5" rears, cant remember which, and don't run spacers. View attachment 83675

Hey, so the ET of your rims are 45?

I'm thinking about putting an ET25 8.5jx19 on my A6 C7 Allroad, with 255/45/R19 tyres. I did calculation and a 10" would make the rims stick out 19mm more to each side than a 8.5", so if your rims have ET45 my ET 25 8.5Jx19 rims will protrude as much as yours.