Spacers and bolt length/stud conversion

Andy b7

Reaction score
Evening all,

A topic which i know gets asked a lot and has a lot of mixed views more so as it is each to their own.
But after some info and advise as title states looking at running some spacers eventually on standard 18” le mans wheels on coilovers.

was thinking 8mm all round but not sure, and also what bolt length as want to convert to stud fitment.

Any advice?

cheers

If they are the oem b7 option they will be either ET43 or ET45. on an 8j.
all you need to do is measure your oem bolt thread length and then add the thickness of the spacer.

Reactions: Andy b7
+1 on the fact the spacers should come with the correct size bolts

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I got some spacers from ebay, really nicely machined and came with the correct length bolts. Cost about £35 for a pair I believe

If they are the oem b7 option they will be either ET43 or ET45. on an 8j.
all you need to do is measure your oem bolt thread length and then add the thickness of the spacer.

Cheers rob.

You running a staggered set up on yours?

Cheers people :icon thumright:

what set ups people running on their Quattro’s?

27mm + the thickness of the spacers but decent spacers should come with the correct bolts really.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cheers Damian.

Do you guys do studs instead of bolts?

Id be interested in a stud conversion something i miss from the jap car world bolts are just utter **** compared to studs let me know if and when you find a conversion :icon thumright:

Id be interested in a stud conversion something i miss from the jap car world bolts are just utter **** compared to studs let me know if and when you find a conversion :icon thumright:

Just spoke to my mate who has done the conversion on his m3 he got the stud kit from motorsport hardware which are US based but you can get them from crest automotive which import them in and then drift works if you want different colour nuts

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Just spoke to my mate who has done the conversion on his m3 he got the stud kit from motorsport hardware which are US based but you can get them from crest automotive which import them in and then drift works if you want different colour nuts
Brilliant thanks mate ill give them a search on google :icon thumright: i kind of like the idea of black bolts or titanium possibly so that would be ideal.

Cheers rob.

You running a staggered set up on yours?
I am indeedy, but only by the nature of different thickness spacers to get the desired effect, alloys are same width all round .