Spacer options...

the_cueball

Reaction score
Morning all...

I'm looking to fit some spacers onto the S4, but kind of confused myself, so thought I would ask for help!

I don't want anything too mental, and still want to keep the stock wheels and bolts...I'm just wanting to fill the arches out a little more...

So... I am after hub centric ones?? and 5mm or something like that?? good place to get them??

TIA

I don't think it's ever advised to use the same bolts with spacers as they won't be long enough. 5mm will make a very subtle difference, but you could argue it's not worth the cost (over £100) for a 5mm spacing.

And yes, hubcentric are the way to go! 57.1 centre bore, and 5x112 PCD pattern.

hmmm, maybe I have the name of them wrong...

The ones i've had in the past bolt onto your hub, then your wheel bolts onto them, using all the original bolts etc...

Thanks for the other information on sizes... I used the spacers I'm talking about on my old car... but these were 'nuts' rather than 'bolts' so maybe that's why I could do it and can't with the Audi??

after1.jpg

Ah yeah, maybe then. Since we use bolts on these you typically buy longer bolts to suit the spacer size you have. You can buy spacers with longer bolts, but then your locking wheel nuts wouldn't fit anymore either, so that's extra cost.

eBay have loads of spacers, as do the site sponsors, DPM performance and GJN motorsport (they're called something like that anyway haha)

Nice car too by the way. Got a pic of the S4?

Cheers, yeah, I had a look on ebay, turns out one of the suppliers on there is just down the road from me, so I'll nip down and have a chat... thinking of 15mm now! lol

The XKR was OK, looked good, nice noise with the supercharged V8... I just never got on with it... Ford and Rover bits in an expensive car like that... shame...

The S4 is here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/172439-quick-clean-new-car.html

thanks for the help!

Nice car! Loving the colour of that. Mine could do with a proper clean like that one day. I fear it may be beyond paint correction ha.

I'm 99% sure your Avus wheels are ET45, personally I'd put 10mm spacers on for a final ET of 35, which would look perfect.

I bought my H&R Hubcentrics from DPM Performance, and they came with longer bolts.

They are et45 James, I have just got a set and looking at one right now. I think i'll pick up some spacers myself soon enough, when the wife stops hating me for buying the wheels in the first place :)

And make sure that you get the correct bolts, they will most probably be Taper or Radius. Find out which you need for the specific wheels you have and also the extra length according to the spacers you add.