Spacer Help

KevinOS

Reaction score
Hello, I went to get H&R hubcentric spacers fitted on my A3 last week...I am running BBS CH's and when the spacers were fitted I noticed that there was a wobble in the wheels, it turned out that this was due to the small raised portion around the centre (not the big one, the small one more towards the outside). AFAIK there are no other variations of H&R spacers so does anybody have any other possible solutions? Thanks :)

Not entirely sure but it sounds like it could be something to do with the cone of the spacer ? If i am correct there are 2 types on for aftermarket wheels and one for oem wheels.

It's the bevel edge outlined here that won't fit in they said, causing the wheel to wobble

wow amazed this radius is causing the problem , looks to be undercut as well ? unless its a faulty part of course , can you try fitting spacer on the back of a loose wheel and see if you can feel if its fully seated or not .

Ya they did that too while I was standing there and the 2 of them came to the conclusion that thats what was causing the problem...also I was fitting 10mm front and 12mm back so they came from two separate boxes. There was no wobble before fitting and all 4 wobbled afterwards, the hub is straight and clean and the inner rim fits into the centre bore no problem, so to be fair, I can't see anything else that would possibly cause the problem...

Have you got genuine BBS CH or copies? I fitted Eibach spacers to mine and have no fitting issues?

Genuine...are yours genuine too ya?...I'll take a look at the eibach ones there :)