Space saver?

Geoff Morritt

Reaction score
Evening all....The wife has just destroyed the front tyre on her 2019 A4 Avant Black Edition. She has looked in the boot and there is no space saver wheel/tyre. Is there one available for this car?
Thanks,

Geoff M

Nope, only a inflation kit, as most cars are now. I educated my partner on this before she drove her car but just call out Audi assist as the AA carry space saver spare wheels...

The wife is home now. Tyre completely goosed! This is the 2nd time that this has happened to her now. I know most new cars have puncture repair kits and compressors rather than space savers, but these are of no use when the tyre has anything other than a small puncture. Does anyone know if the spacesaver from my 09 A4 will fit her 19 A4?
Thanks,
Geoff M

I believe the part number for the latest version of the spacesaver is 8W0601027C.

I got a spacesaver with my car but I'm unsure of the part number as i'm currently out the country. However it appears there's been a a few revisions.

Also the spacesaver from a B8 A4 might not fit as the ET is different by 7mm

B9

B8

Reactions: Andy101
No space saver? I have a 2017 Black edition saloon and it has a space saver. Have this changed since 2017 models?... Please say they don't give the horrible repair foam and a pump now.

As does mine, but this is progress ;-) and all manufacturers seem to be following this trend now..

Having viewed the 2020MY in the dealers, it would appear that the 12v battery holder has been designed to accept a wheel around it. One of the corners is clearly chamfered off, it would have been cheaper to produce the holder in a uniform rectangular set up.

This leads me to believe that a spacesaver form an earlier B9 will fit.

The proof of the pudding will be when one of the new 2020MY owners drops one in the back.

Who'll be the first - Pics please.

My 67 plate 2.0 TFSi Quattro S line 252ps S-tronic has a space saver. I purchased it second-hand so don't know if it was purchased as an extra or if it was standard fitment.

I have already done this on my 2019 B9 A4, it didn’t come with any of the tools or wheel just the stupid inflation kit.

Check my posting and you will see the full install with pics, be aware the part no.s my be different on the 2020 A4.

If you can find a car with one fitted or get someone to look and see if any parts are even available for a 2020 A4, if not try and borrow them and test fit in your car.

It took me weeks to get this sorted as Audi won’t give you information on parts if they don’t match your chassis number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 67 plate 2.0 TFSi Quattro S line 252ps S-tronic has a space saver. I purchased it second-hand so don't know if it was purchased as an extra or if it was standard fitment.
Yours will probably be standard fit...

Reactions: mjcairney
It took me weeks to get this sorted as Audi won’t give you information on parts if they don’t match your chassis number.

Yep already been down this route. The 2020 MY is not available with a spare and as a result there is no part number. Dealer says they don't fit, I am sceptical as the 12V mild hybrid battery holder looks like it has been designed to allow a wheel to sit around it.

I guess I'll have to wait for mine to arrive in the New Year then borrow a spare to check for fit in the boot.

Forgive my ignorance but would the 7mm difference on ET make a difference for a short run to Quickfit?

Last edited:
Apologies for resurrecting this thread but can anyone shed light as to whether a spacesaver can be put into either a current 3.0 272 bhp TDI or the S4? Obviously concern is will it physically fit around the mild hybrid batter. I have had a dealer say categorically no - but have heard these statements from them before which have later turned out to be incorrect.
Many thanks in advance.

I'm getting a TDi Black Edition on Tuesday (12v Mild Hybrid) so will be following this up next week.
From what I am led to believe it may go in with the 12V but think the 48V system rules it out.
Watch this space.