South West/Central Meet in Jan12

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
We are having a meet sometime in January on a Sunday - exact date will be confirmed once we know who's working and therefore can maximise the amount of people able to make it. The last meet (27th Nov) was good, although just 2 of us made it, myself and Rob (vrbob). So this time lets all try to make it shall we! Meeting place is Beaulieu Motor Museum visitors car park. So this thread can be to discuss who can make it and arrange a best day to do it. If you want to come and haven't already done so, PM your no. to me as I send out generic texts nearer the exact time confirming who is coming. Cheers, Josh

If we make it a Sunday again (which is all good with me) then the options are the 8th, 15th, 22nd or 29th i would suggest we aim for the 15th but as we are planning quite far ahead i am sure this can be altered if more people can make a different date.

So yeah get your interest noted in here for the meet and will also post a few threads in some other sections eg the 8L and B6 sections as those are the 2 i know well to see if that drums up any extra interest.

The Beaulieu location works pretty well as they have lots of space for us to gather and chat etc in the limited light we still have a looksie at everyones cars/mods and then can head out for a drive round the forest and grab a drink in a pub maybe.

Rob

Hi Guys, I live in Bournemouth and work shifts. Unfortunately I can't make the 15th, but can make the 8th or 22nd

I'm down with this. I live in Poole

Get a chance to show off my brand spanking new BE :)

I go to London every fortnight to see the girlfriend at uni but I'm sure I can change things depending on what the date is.

8th should be good for me and nice to see a few more names popping up too.

Am interested in having a looksie at some of the 8P`s as this could well be the next car for me in a few years.

1. Josh (jtothed)
2. Rob (vrbob)
3. Tim (Cruiser89)
4. Chris (Cribbon)
5. Rob (Rob-Quattro)

yeah i m keen. can u be sure to pm me a week or so before if its going ahead and i ll come over

This is false advertising! It says southwest, it's just south lol. 150miles is just a bit too far for me to come.

Last edited:
Yup just me n Josh but we had a nice chat had a look at each others cars (found and fixed the broken hose on my car using the toolkit in the boot :))

Also went for a quick blast in each others cars and its fair to say Josh`s car has alot more torque than mine so the whole 3" DP exhaust, sports cat etc defo seem to help get some more oomph plus his has the B5 V2 TIP and JR filter whereas mine is just a generic Silicone TIP and performance panel filter.

So defo not a wash out but could defo do with a few more people and some more cars to add to the fun.

are there any meet-ups loacted more central as i am about 100miles from the meet location and it seems abit far to go (cant please everyone lol) it seems to be that each owners club i become a member of never has a large Central group lol sucks to live here i guess lol