South East meet @ Brighton Marina on Saturday 29th June 2013

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all,

My names Chris, and I am your new events moderator in the SE with the existing moderator being JtotheD. As per the title, I will be arranging my first meet at the Asda superstore car park in Brighton Marina on Saturday 29th June from 18:00 (6pm :) )

The meet is mainly for ASN members, so we can get to know each other and have a nosey round each others pride and joy. I do realise that some of you also have non VAG friends, so if you would like to bring a petrol headed friend along in a non VAG car, then please feel free too- just drop me a PM so I'm aware of the extra cars/people.

Boring part
- I just have to mention that could you please refrain from any silly/childish behavior in the complex and with the group. This is a public area and in a central place, plus I am sure a few of the attendees will have ASN stickers- so we don't want to be giving our car marque and the forum a bad name.

I will be gauging interest across other VAG forums, and below this post is a list...

Please copy the previous post and add your real name and add some details about your vehicle. e.g model and colour.

If you have any further queries then please feel free to drop me a PM and I will reply as soon as I can.

The postcode to punch in your TomTom for the location is - (please note this will just take you to the marina, and not to Asda directly but there are signposts for 'superstore')

Marina Way
Brighton
BN2 5UT

If you are old fashioned and enjoy a good map read, then this is where it's located -

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_12 Jun. 11 13.14.jpg
    ScreenHunter_12 Jun. 11 13.14.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 326
Reactions: Sandra
1. Chris - Audi S3 8L Noggy Blue

2. Simon- Audi A3 8L Copper

Reactions: kwistof
3. Josh - Audi A3 8L Black

4. Jason - Mk4 Golf Gti Jazz Blue
5. Craig - Seat Leon Cupra 180 Black

6. Martin - Audi S3 8L Silver

7. Barnzy - Mercedes B-Class (Audi wrote off on 1st june) but will be bringing friend Olly in an S3 8L in Blue

7. Barnzy - Mercedes B-Class (Audi wrote off on 1st june) but will be bringing friend Olly in an S3 8L in Blue
8. Benjamin - Audi B5 RS4

9. Chris - Audi 8L tqs

9. Chris - Audi 8L tqs
10. Andie - audi a4 1.8t 190 akoya silver

9. Chris - Audi 8L tqs
11. Yilmaz - Audi S3 8L Grey

We're doing well should be a good meet :) looking forward to next week

9. Chris - Audi 8L tqs
12. Tom - Audi S3 8L Silver and scraping

We're doing well should be a good meet looking forward to next week

Yeah it's going pretty well....not going to speak too soon but still over a week to go and already into double figures :)

*** im away camping :sob:

That's a shame mate..... ill arrange another for the end of July but possibly at a different location in the SE...there's also things like prept @ brands hatch and the COV meets to attend around here. I personally don't have the petrol to attend everything though :(

Hope you're aware that this is on the same day as 'Brighton takeover cruise' on Madeira drive.

saxo's corsa's etc, doing wheelspinz etc. May go for a looksie after this meet! Lol

Hope you're aware that this is on the same day as 'Brighton takeover cruise' on Madeira drive.

saxo's corsa's etc, doing wheelspinz etc. May go for a looksie after this meet! Lol

Nope I can't say I was aware tbh......could you send me an invite through FB please fella? I'm just interested in the numbers and who it's organised by etc.

Anyway - I may as well let the cat out the bag now with my plans :eyebrows: ..as you're all welcome in joining me and I think you maybe more interested in what I have planned Ben......

This meet in Brighton that I am organising will be on till about 8-9pm (till dusk)....I was then planning on a drive up to London for 'Essex Drifters Tunnel Run'. They will be meeting in Beckton - and I plan to get there in a not so slow fashion from Brighton ;-)

As per the title- it will involve a good few hundred cars driving through London and it's tunnels....pre-planned routes have been made and a small donation to charity will be required. You should be able to search for the event on FB - about 300+ attendees so far. I'll try and post the event details on here shortly....

Not been to an Audi meet yet. Sadly (well, not really), I'm going to be in Brighton on Saturday all day.. But will be travelling by train and significantly inebriated by the time this starts. May go point and laugh at some of the inevitable atrocities of Madeira Drive though as that's walking distance.

9. Chris - Audi 8L tqs
12. Tom -
Audi S3 8L Silver and scraping
13. Simon - Audi S3 8L Red

Ill be there with my man doing burnout's with my sleeveless body warmer

A bump for this as its happening tomorrow.

I'll be driving M20, M26, M25 then M23/A23

Drop me a PM if you'd like to join in a convoy down there along the route above ^^^^^

I already have a cupra and 'turbo hedge' involved in that :) :blackrs4::racer:

Are you stopping at pease pottage service station ?

I can do.....

For just after 5pm if you want to meet there? It's just at that start of the M23 from what I can see?

Yeah it is I only live 15 mins from there I was just wondering if anyone was meeting up there that's all, as I live around 15 mins from there.

Looking forward to this as it will be the first meet vie been too, but my car is looking really sorry for its self at the moment

I'll drop you a PM and sort something out.

Dont worry about the motor, I've just cleaned mine and the mount of a stone chips are ridiculous! Lol

Running a tiny bit late, so ETA to Brighton will be 6:30ish depending on traffic :) (due to travelling from CT18 area)

apologies and see you guys there!

Have a great meet guys, remember the pics. Have fun, :) x :blackrs4:

4 cars here so far. Lovely weather and we are in the far corner of the car park :)
btw there are police on entry

How's this going?! A lot more interest than I ever get..!

Alright mate, unfortunately not everyone was able to make it. 2 of my friends had to drop out due to car issues (****** VAG lol)

However for those that did I appreciate you turning up and hope you all got home okay.

Was nice to meet some new people, having a catch up with familiar faces and having a nosy round each others cars :)

I'll upload a few pictures later on...Had 6 Audis at one point so not to bad for a first meet IMO all considering.

Here's a few pics of last nights meets.....

Spot the difference with the two Red cars on the end :)

Was an expected visit from a mate of mine in his ricer! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 192
Was a good meet, nice to finally meet a few people. Shame a few more didn't make it, maybe next time.