Sounds a bit dull..

RaymyM

Reaction score
So just picked up my 2.0T 252 quattro and loving it. Hard to fault it really. It's no V6, but the sound from it is just so...., so...., boring. Even my old B7 2.0T sounded way better.

Ok, I could add some monstrous exhaust but I reckon it would be overkill for all I want. To me it just needs a bit of grunt. So the question is, what are the options?

Ta

Hi RaymyM,
Is the car brand new ? I noticed with mine after it was run in for 6 months it made a difference. It now sounds quite meaty, i can certainly hear it when i drive on the keen side !
Cheers

It's a late 2016 Sline model with 43k on the clock. It just seems very normal lol. A mate said the right intake might help but not sure. Been years since I went with a K&N or anything, always thought the suction noise was a bit crap lol.

Hi RaymyM. Am in exactly the same position. Have gone from aa 2012 2.0TQ avant to a 2016 252TQ Avant and the exhaust is sooooo quiet, even compared to the B8 one. I don't want to spend shed loads on a new exhaust, so have posted on here if anyone has tried the res delete option https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/resonator-delete-2016-2-0t-252-quattro.420132/.

By the lack of responses I assume not! There's a few vids of some guys in the states doing it. Apparently the b9 has an extra resonator compared to the B8 which may explain the quietness. See vid here: and here:

For £200 or so it seems like no brainer, but it does require the exhaust to be chopped up and I have an Audi used car warranty, and I would be concerned about drone.....

See what you mean. Once you start chopping there's no going back lol.

I'm maybe over thinking it, but it is a tad mediocre, even the wife noticed and was unimpressed for the power the car has. I'll maybe just get some artificial exhaust noise for inside the car lol

No, you're not over thinking it - its juuust too quiet!

Different engine, but I had a res delete done on my b9 s4, sounded truly awful, had the red put back in after 3 days