Sound proofing and mobile signal

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Does any of you, valuable ASN members have experience with car sound deadening?

Thinking of adding some sound proof insulation in the doors and on the back of door cards, as getting some work done there. That would be a potentially start to the whole car sound proofing.

Whole car covered in additional aluminium layer might prevent mobile or gps signal going through.
Would that be the case and signal strength decrease?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

As a reply to myself but maybe someone else will benefit from it

Covered the whole roof with sound deadening and there is no noticeable gps/gsm signal loss.
Headliner had a layer of thermal cotton lining material for added sound proofing.
B, C and D pillars also layed with both of the above.
Boot floor and underneath the rear seats I have just layed sound deadening foam and boot side trims have layer of cotton bump material at the back.

Some time ago I have stuck underneath the bonnet thermal foam but it wasnt the sound deadening one like used above and on doors so might change that at some point.

Knocking on the door panels and roof from outside, there is noticeable deadenend knock, compared to enywhere else.
Overall, there is slight improvement in sound isolation.
Will see how thermal isolation of that works during colder period
a3494e13b87c97fdc4f626ae80115e69.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Was going to say, there would be no drop in signal strength. You've still got windows and driving around in a metal box anyway!