Sound Enhancing Resonator Delete Kit

Fiddie

Reaction score
Word of the quattro GmbH re-branding to Audi Sport has suggested that performance parts and accessories are in Audi’s future. That appears to be evidenced by this new Sound Enhancing Resonator Delete Kit from Audi Genuine Accessories.

Available now from Audi dealerships (at least confirmed for USA) is this simple and easily-installed exhaust kit the intensifies the sound of the S3 sedan’s 2.0 TFSI engine.

exhaust2.jpg

Given it’s from the factory, it should be no surprise that it boasts factory fit and performance. Produced in stainless steel, it is also engineered to last a long time.

Part Number: 8V5071904

Source:

http://fourtitude.com/news/aftermar...with-s3-sound-enhancing-resonator-delete-kit/

What do you think about it?

Reactions: AL_B, NATOuk, xpoweruk and 1 other person
$350 MSRP - wonder what the damage in real money will be.

How does that compare to Miltek, Scorpion and the like?

So the factory is providing a pipe that doesn't fit?
The exhaust is one piece from the front section after downpipe...

So the factory is providing a pipe that doesn't fit?
The exhaust is one piece from the front section after downpipe...
I saw the official instructions, you need to cut it to remove the resonated section.

Why produce in stainless so it will ourf last the oe seems pointless

Mmmm, DO WANT this for my S3 Hatchback. I must check with the UK dealers to see if there's an equivalent part available

So the dealer would have to cut out the original and then what, weld this one in?

Not sure I'm a fan of that.

Do you think it could causes drone?
Im not sure about the quality sound with oem rear muffler.

Do you think it could causes drone?
Im not sure about the quality sound with oem rear muffler.

Did when I did it.
The American market model has two catalytic converters... Which would make them quieter than our model which has just one.

Reactions: Fiddie
Did when I did it.
The American market model has two catalytic converters... Which would make them quieter than our model which has just one.
I'd like to stay away from droning :sadlike:
I'd like just getting louder farts and turbo blowing sound increased just like Golf R I saw few months ago, but I don't know which exhaust can achieve this :confusion:

I'd like to stay away from droning :sadlike:
I'd like just getting louder farts and turbo blowing sound increased just like Golf R I saw few months ago, but I don't know which exhaust can achieve this :confusion:

Your stock one can :)
Just add a catted downpipe to the stock exhaust system, then a turbo muffler delete with a air intake.

I would be interested if this item would go for sale from manufacturer pretty cool idea should of come stock without resonator

Your stock one can :)
Just add a catted downpipe to the stock exhaust system, then a turbo muffler delete with a air intake.
Didn't you cut out your centre box and it sounded gash ?

The pricing for this seems very reasonable and if the piece if OEM then it shouldn't void the warranty. The S3 seems to offer everything but great exhaust sound, so I'd be willing to make this small investment to unlock the potential of the car without incurring warranty concerns.

Reactions: tektrob
I'm waiting when someone from Europe did this mod because I'm afraid that with delete kit stock exhaust will dron/ rattle. Guys US S3 has small silencer after flexi pipe on DP. Euro S3 doesn't have this silencer!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 843
  • image.png
    image.png
    661.5 KB · Views: 582
Does anyone know if this can be bought through UK dealers?

I'm waiting when someone from Europe did this mod because I'm afraid that with delete kit stock exhaust will dron/ rattle. Guys US S3 has small silencer after flexi pipe on DP. Euro S3 doesn't have this silencer!

The aus spec S3's are the same as the UK, - single resonator, a number of us here in AUS have purchased the part from Audi US, and a few that have fitted it have reported a drone around 2800 rpm which here is highway/freeway speeds, I have not fitted mine as I do NOT want end up with a droning car.

The experience the US guys have had will be different.

The aus spec S3's are the same as the UK, - single resonator, a number of us here in AUS have purchased the part from Audi US, and a few that have fitted it have reported a drone around 2800 rpm which here is highway/freeway speeds, I have not fitted mine as I do NOT want end up with a droning car.

The experience the US guys have had will be different.

Thanks for the heads up mate... Have you guys in AUS retained your warranty fitting this?

At this stage, there have been no issues relating to warranty on the AUS forums that I am aware of. When I inquired about fitting the resonator delete kit, it surprised me that an Audi dealer was happy to do it, but one of the leading VAG independent mechanics here declined . . . go figure.

Unless there is an issue that is directly related to the exhaust, Audi can't stop your warranty. The law change sometime back...Audi will need to prove that the exhaust is the problem.

Many of my mates have brought new cars from Audi and on the first week part a milly on with lowering springs and still got warranty work done.

Read the warranty laws for yourself.

Got to love the prices paid for oem bits of pipe .

Here's a VAG with a 2.5" Jetex half system and to go non res and cancel out the middle box you get a "race pipe" direct from Jetex UK .

6e8dbf44-f9a3-42f1-a894-8a12d4d8917c_zps78fb2288.jpg

And the cost...

Just over £40
icon_shysterical.gif

i got Revo catless Downpipe which came with the mid-pipe but look like resonator delete kit and i havent installed the mid-pipe as it will be too loud

Revo catless downpipe

Has any one got this fitted with a sports cat downpipe? I'm thinking about it but don't want too much drone? Looking at the ecs tuning one as can't seem to find the oem one here in the uk