SOS Call malfunction contact workshop

My Audi was built circa Mar-22 and delivered in Apr-22. I've not had one SOS warning. I'm guessing that Audi have ironed out the problem and it's just a case a providing a fix for cars built before a certain date???

Reactions: AdamInKent
Perhaps it’s fairer to say that the problem is solved for some older cars, but not all? (My March 21 35 TFSi, for example, hasn't exhibited the SOS problem since a software upgrade at first service.)
new cars dont have this problem so its solved :) i think its not solved for any older car audi its so slow to fix this

Really quite annoyed with Reading Audi. Waited two ****** months to get my car in to get the software update done which they said would be available and now they're telling me because my car is the "e-tron", there's no software update available for the "known issue".

Has anyone who has a A3 TFSIe had the software update that has fixed the issue? Was it the 3632 release?

After being told by Watford Audi in late May that the update isn't available - my TFSie is currently @ West London Audi getting the update.

I was told the update *should* fix both the SOS malfunction AND the "Navigation Database Unavailable" issue - so we'll see.

Last edited:
After being told by Watford Audi in late May that the update isn't available - my TFSie is currently @ West London Audi getting the update.

I was told the update *should* fix both the SOS malfunction AND the "Navigation Database Unavailable" issue - so we'll see.

Despite what I was told, the two issues mentioned are separate. They’ve fixed the navigation issue but they say the SOS update isn’t available for the eTron, but they anticipate it available in the couple of weeks.

After previously cancelled bookings my S3 finally went into Audi Hatfield on Thursday for a service and the update. They estimated for it to take two days which is more a less the norm from what I've read here. They Called me on Thursday night explaining that the computer had crashed when performing the update and they could not unplug it or it could cause significant damage. Nether the less, they still had the whole of Friday to install the update. Cutting the story short they called me later in the afternoon stating that my S3 isn't accepting the update and they have logged this and sent this to Audi Uk head office as the master technician is suggesting the car needs a new ECU.... Nether the less they said I could pick the car up even though the car had no MMI ( Just a blank black screen) so no reverse camera, no sensors no drive select etc and multiple warning lights on the virtual cockpit. My suspicions is, it was too much work for a friday afternoon, having to reinstall all the navigation and the rest of the tech, so they brushed it off and got the drivable and sent it on its way.... In all honesty, why didn't I just keep my BMW.....

Had my 2021 2.0 TDi serviced at Audi Cambridge. They had it in for the day (only) and serviced it and loaded 5 updates.

I am now on 3620 and haven driven to Manchester and back (400 miles in total) and gone through the normal spots where the MMI would reboot can confirm that the software updates have fixed the problem.

I know have wireless Android Auto and
It has fixed a fault when playing music from an USB stick. it no longer 'stutters' if the track is over a certain size and...
Finally, the sat nav has updated for the first time in 12 months.

Worryingly got an MMI reinitialisation today on the M4… This was the first since the update fixed the issue back in March. Hoping it was something else…

Had my 2021 2.0 TDi serviced at Audi Cambridge. They had it in for the day (only) and serviced it and loaded 5 updates.

I am now on 3620 and haven driven to Manchester and back (400 miles in total) and gone through the normal spots where the MMI would reboot can confirm that the software updates have fixed the problem.

It has fixed a fault when playing music from an USB stick. it no longer 'stutters' if the track is over a certain size and...
think 3620 fix sos crap.error

think 3620 fix sos crap.error

I’ve had this error since last Friday. Got in the car one morning started driving. Out of the blue came this error.

My software is 3454 on an S3 8Y 2021 delivered in April 2021.

It has been to the workshop for a safety recall on the radar but no mmi software update was done despite knowing there was updates available none were done.

Car is booked into Audi wearside on 9th august for a list of recent issues.

Mmi resets itself sometimes repeatedly during a 30 min drive

Just noticed today when I hit rear demister the mmi screen flickered. Did this 2-3 times on repeated button presses. Then stopped

Alarm went off and wouldn’t stop or reset with the key when I got home. I was able to start the car though

SOS function unavailable contact workshop message twice.

Car keeps saying loading user info then even though I’m the key user it won’t let me sign in, service unavailable. (Yesterday and a couple of days ago)
Coming back to the car later after everything has been turned off for a while seems to reset it.)

Intermittently have a navigation on dash issue where just says initialising. Map displays on mmi ok but not dash.

Overall had a good year really with the car but last 2-3 weeks it’s ridiculous. Felt lucky I wasn’t having issues some of you guys were having. But now I know how you feel!

Also I’ve noticed the LTE signal has been 1 or 2 bars recently and even 0 bars so that might explain user profile issues. Originally I had to ring Audi support to sort the users out as if added myself again with a different email that messed things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Car booked in for a service and a technical update next week. Not sure of the update code, but was told it is labelled ‘Functions on Demand’ - and would cover a number of issues including the SOS, Pre Sense and Login Issues.

I’ll ask them about that when I take mine in.
it’s driving me nuts now. Multiple restarts of mmi, logging you back in but why’ve you logged me out in the first place I’m still driving the car

Collected mine in 2021-03 and the reboot problem is getting worse. Also tends to disable phone interface when it comes back up which is a pita on motorways. Booked in for Monday. Shall update with the outcome.

Sometimes a couple of months ago it would require me to press on the connect manually the phone to the car but at present it connects automatically but doesnt resume the music playing.

Car booked in for a service and a technical update next week. Not sure of the update code, but was told it is labelled ‘Functions on Demand’ - and would cover a number of issues including the SOS, Pre Sense and Login Issues.
Just picked my car up from it’s service. They also updated the MMI software to 3620. I now have three screens and voice commands…only taken 2 years .
Had some initial issues logging back in with myAudi, but nice Tech sorted it quickly. Think they forgot to refresh something at their end as he popped onto his computer and it was sorted.

He ‘assures’ me this update will also sort any SOS issues, not that I’ve had one for over a year to be fair. Hopefully things are all sorted now.

Hi,

How did you activate wireless android auto if I may ask ?

Many Thanks,

F

Just picked my car up from it’s service. They also updated the MMI software to 3620. I now have three screens and voice commands…only taken 2 years .
Had some initial issues logging back in with myAudi, but nice Tech sorted it quickly. Think they forgot to refresh something at their end as he popped onto his computer and it was sorted.

He ‘assures’ me this update will also sort any SOS issues, not that I’ve had one for over a year to be fair. Hopefully things are all sorted now.
You should be able to see any Functions on Demand now as well although you'll need to log into a non UK version on your computer

You should be able to see any Functions on Demand now as well although you'll need to log into a non UK version on your computer
I’ll take a look. Although, did read messages in another thread whereby buying from German site invalidated stuff?

I’ll take a look. Although, did read messages in another thread whereby buying from German site invalidated stuff?
I can't see why - We are supposed to get Functions On Demand in the UK, but it's never happened as yet

I upgraded the Traffic Sign Recognition as my original specification said TSR had been prepped for FOD, so I don't see how it's an issue just because how you purchased it as that's the only way round it

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I can't see why - We are supposed to get Functions On Demand in the UK, but it's never happened as yet

I upgraded the Traffic Sign Recognition as my original specification said TSR had been prepped for FOD, so I don't see how it's an issue just because how you purchased it as that's the only way round it
I can’t understand it either to be fair. It’s mind boggling that FOD isn’t sorted for the UK. My car was built nearly 2 years ago! I mean they rip us off left right and centre usually but don’t want my extra money for things my car is prepped for (and used to be standard like Traffic Sign Recognition)

Reactions: AdamInKent and Sparks43
Collected mine in 2021-03 and the reboot problem is getting worse. Also tends to disable phone interface when it comes back up which is a pita on motorways. Booked in for Monday. Shall update with the outcome.
UPDATE : Car was in for 2 days ( Oil change, brake fluids change and software updates ). Software went from 3454 to 3620. Last weekend did a 350 mile trip during which I would normally experience 6 - 10 MMI reboots ( +/- emergency call malfunctions prior ). I had not a single reboot.

Reactions: Q5 TRS, Southall87 and AdamInKent
Finally had my Dec 2020 S3 in for the measure 91DH S-Update online connectivity unit, which I believe is the software update for the MMI rebooting and SOS warning. Only took 20 months!
They actually replaced the Online Connectivity Unit as part of the update, they made sure I knew it had been replaced as they left the old one in the passenger footwell.
A bonus of the update is that I now have satellite image on the Satnav available. Also, the stop-start functionality seems a lot more active than previously.
No repeat of the SOS warning or MMI rebooting, which I used to get multiple times daily.
Feels like I've got a new car!

Ok so after my update, pic attached my software version is now 3620 from 3454 too I think it was.
Since it was in on 9th august, I’ve had no issues of restarting randomly or sos. What I have had was 2 blank screens today one morning, one afternoon where sound was playing from CarPlay but nothing on mmi screen. Dash was normal.
Weird. Hope it’s not a repetitive issue.
CF4C5009 77D2 4465 8AFA E259E18A5088

Car was given 3 updates, took them 2 ish working days (it's ok, I dropped the car off on Friday, so had a loaned A5 for 5 days). However I still have the SOS ping. Once when it was super heavy rain, and another in a random place. However the usual places I had it prior to the update, it did not ping.

I’m not sure what this would achieve, bearing in mind that the latest software update fixes the spontaneous reset problem and it has not been present in new A3’s for some months now? ‍

Personally, apart from one random reset soon after the upgrade, the MMI has been rock solid stable: including multiple journeys on a SW section of the M25 that consistently used to cause multiple resets and whilst updating maps mid-journey.

Last edited:
Car was given 3 updates, took them 2 ish working days (it's ok, I dropped the car off on Friday, so had a loaned A5 for 5 days). However I still have the SOS ping. Once when it was super heavy rain, and another in a random place. However the usual places I had it prior to the update, it did not ping.
I think I got one pulled over my head. Car was with the dealer for 3-4 days, dealer said 3 software updates were done, and I just checked today, ver 3454. No wonder the SOS still pings.

• Wow
Since 3620 I have had some issues with the volume control failing to respond ( no volume from any source and no ability to adjust it ). Continuous attempts to alter volume eventually cause it to re-engage. Whilst reboots seem to have been resolved. today I have lost all past, received and favourite destinations.

Hi,

I have a 2021 A3 tfsi-E with the dreaded SOS malfunction and frequent reboots.
Has anyone had a successful update done at a dealership?

It’s already been in once to Leeds. Factory reset was done which didn’t make any difference once I logged in. Was told afterwards that they’re waiting for an update.

Hi,

I have a 2021 A3 tfsi-E with the dreaded SOS malfunction and frequent reboots.
Has anyone had a successful update done at a dealership?

It’s already been in once to Leeds. Factory reset was done which didn’t make any difference once I logged in. Was told afterwards that they’re waiting for an update.
Hi, yes I have had the update at Portsmouth Audi, I went from software version 3496 to version 3620. They changed the connectivity unit as part of the update.
Now been quite a few weeks since done, and have not once had a reoccurrence of the fault (used to happen daily).

Reactions: carlosgreen2k
Hi, yes I have had the update at Portsmouth Audi, I went from software version 3496 to version 3620. They changed the connectivity unit as part of the update.
Now been quite a few weeks since done, and have not once had a reoccurrence of the fault (used to happen daily).
So the latest update from Audi is that 50% of the tfsi e range can be updated. The remaining 50% are awaiting a software update with no release date.

The wait goes on