1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

SOS Call malfunction contact workshop

Mryolon Nov 11, 2020

1. Mryolon

Mryolon New Member

I got my new 2020 A3 few days ago. Drove it today and I was talking on the phone via Bluetooth and my friend on the call said he was hearing intermittent static on the line. Then he couldn't hear me. Then he cut out. When he called back the SOS emergency call function fault..contact workshop, appeared on the screen.

MMI system also keeps re-initialising. Its currently being looked at.
    Love the car so hopefully its nothing too bad.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Ray88

Ray88 New Member

Yeah I've had the same issues too, along with a general "electrical fault...stop car" message a couple of times which went away after a few seconds. I've had it looked at by Audi who said they've had this reported on quite a few new A3s.

They said the issue is a faulty control unit for the alternator which needs replacing (which will take 3 weeks to arrive from Germany), but apparently is safe to drive for now ‍:neutral:. They also said because it seems like a widespread issue, Audi might also issue a recall at some point. Funnily enough, since I had it looked at by Audi last week, there haven't been any issues at all.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  4. Mryolon

Mryolon New Member

I took mine to Audi Dealer and they connected it to computer...ran an update and said it says there is nothing wrong. So there nothing they can do.
    I haven't got the SOS call malfunction message again. But the MMI does keep re-initialising so I will keep an eye on it and take it back if I get another warning message.

5. Mryolon

Mryolon New Member

The same thing happened again today as shown in the attached pic.
    The MMI also goes blank and resets/re-configures. I loose all the settings for a bit and it doesn't recognise me.

Attached Files:

6. KIlberz

KIlberz Registered User

Mine was...

- electronics system failure
    - tyre pressure warning system failure
    - something else I can't remember