Sorry peeps.....Im moving on

Kugaman1

Reaction score
In an ideal world, I would have loved an RS3....infact I did order one then cancelled.....

I just could not justify spending £45k on a family hatchback.

Anyway, time has moved on, and my daughter has moved to a house 40 miles away in the countryside.
This combined with the fact that Hull are back in the Premiership (and 400 miles away) means my car usage will dramatically change in the coming months.

We test drove a new Tiguan R Line (nice but only 150hp and felt like it)....
An Audi Q5 (nice but a bit soggy feeling)
A BMW X3 M Sport
A wildcard Hyundai Tucson (plasticy interior)

And we have done a deal on this......

Its an X3 M Sport with the msport plus pack, pro satnav, reverse cam, 20" alloys.....infact its got a massive spec... It has done 1500 miles and After a lot of too'ing and fro'ing I paid a LOT under list price.....and I mean a LOT!
I also got an excellent trade in price for my S3.
I will reveal actual figures once the car is in my hands next week when I go down for the Hull Man U game and collect it on the way.

Its been great on here over the past 18 months, some real characters but equally some **** burglers!

Once I have the BMW, I will have a few items for sale that get ripped out of the s3.....ashtray, first aid kit, iphone cable, VCDS cable etc....

Reactions: Simon L, Pinky1959, Jassyo06 and 7 others
Certainly looks the part, nice car for a DERV :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kugaman1
Looks great on the photo! (Those 20" alloys!) Probably even better in flesh :) Enjoy.

Reactions: Kugaman1
Nice looking car mate and silver will be easy to look after....just had a nose for more pics and one came up in the Robin Hood area?

Same x3 in black parks in my street and it does look the business. Good choice

Cheeky question but....what is the spec and detail of your S3? As you may have seen on a previous thread, I was thinking about chopping my car in for an A3, but have now started looking at used S3's and buying the old fashioned way.

I thought one way to get a good deal was to find someone on here that was trading in their S3 and buy it off them for slightly more. I get a decent S3 that's well looked after for a good price (rather than having to buy it off Audi after its had a crap wash and been marked up several thousand £££!) and the buyer wins as he gets slightly more on trade in!

Would have to be a fairly well known user and local though, as I would want to settle any finance at an Audi dealership with the owner to make sure neither party was left high and dry with finance still on the car!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I would want to settle any finance at an Audi dealership with the owner to make sure neither party was left high and dry with finance still on the car!
You can't do that mate, I did ask the question myself. You have to pay the finance company directly yourself.

You can't do that mate, I did ask the question myself. You have to pay the finance company directly yourself.

Sorry wasn't that clear, I meant that both the owner and I could do it together so that both had reassurance the finance was fully paid and could confirm with the finance company. It sort of just made sense to meet and do it at an Audi garage...!

Sorry wasn't that clear, I meant that both the owner and I could do it together so that both had reassurance the finance was fully paid and could confirm with the finance company. It sort of just made sense to meet and do it at an Audi garage...!
Yeah I know what you mean it's what I thought of doing, buyer comes into Audi with me, buyer pays Audi direct = all done. Unfortunately the finance guy said they can't do it like that, the best way is: Buyer and seller go into the bank, buyer does a bank transfer to car owner, car owner then does a bank transfer to finance company, the person working in bank tells buyer and car owner that the money has gone through and everything is clear.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Yeah I know what you mean it's what I thought of doing, buyer comes into Audi with me, buyer pays Audi direct = all done. Unfortunately the finance guy said they can't do it like that, the best way is: Buyer and seller go into the bank, buyer does a bank transfer to car owner, car owner then does a bank transfer to finance company, the person working in bank tells buyer and car owner that the money has gone through and everything is clear.

I see. Good to know cheers! Bizarre how the dealerships actually selling the car have zero input into the part about you buying the car...such is the world we live in I guess...

Loving your purchase Kugaman1! As you're coming from an S3 and said Tiguan really felt like 150hp which engine did you go for in the X3, a considerable drop in performance?...i mean 20d, 30d or 35d?

Bizarre how the dealerships actually selling the car have zero input into the part about you buying the car...such is the world we live in I guess...
Yeah I suppose they make it difficult so that people don't do it! After all if it was easy nobody would sell back to them for a lower price rather than selling private!

Very nice X3. The Msport package is a must on X cars to make them stand out. All the best. Oh, don't bother making the trip to see Man U v Hull. I'll save you some money and predict 4-0 Man U. :friends::friends:

See you back in an S3/RS3 next season after Hull get relegated :)

Enjoy the BM!!!

Reactions: Simon L and Scottyg
Newbie!! So sorry for my first post, it may seem a bit negative but it's not meant to be. BMW fetch out the new X3 in a few months so I've read, that's perhaps one reason you got a extraordinary good deal Kugaman, did you know that?That's one reason I've chopped in my SQ5 for the FL S3, it's coming up to 3 years old, new Q5 model out soon, problems with the DPFand decided I wanted a change, so I can see why you did. The BMW X3 is a great car and I'm sure from your post you're happy with the deal.

Can I just say you guys and gals are fantastic helping each other out with any problem or query with not having a negative thing to say about it, well 98% of the time, I'd like to be a part of this. Just in case your interested S3 SB Navarra blu S tronic with some extras and it's on it's way to the UK today.

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and Sandra
Good luck mate....knew you had gone BMW before l had even clicked on your thread....not difficult to sus oot and yeah it's all about getting a great deal and value for money and a car you want and suits your needs at the end of the day

Nanoo Nanoo lol

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Also l should add at this precise moment in time....even up til next spring Audi's car model line up is deplorable old and staid looking....there will be bucket loads of peep....moving to similar brands....a facelift Product improved car is all they have introduced this year and have been ham fisted over with this simple procedure.....Derv gate has really ****** them up......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Cheeky question but....what is the spec and detail of your S3? As you may have seen on a previous thread, I was thinking about chopping my car in for an A3, but have now started looking at used S3's and buying the old fashioned way.

I thought one way to get a good deal was to find someone on here that was trading in their S3 and buy it off them for slightly more. I get a decent S3 that's well looked after for a good price (rather than having to buy it off Audi after its had a **** wash and been marked up several thousand £££!) and the buyer wins as he gets slightly more on trade in!

Would have to be a fairly well known user and local though, as I would want to settle any finance at an Audi dealership with the owner to make sure neither party was left high and dry with finance still on the car!

Send me a PM, I'm seriously thinking about selling mine.
Sports Back, just two years (and a month) old, just over eight thousand miles, Mature owner, FSH manual in almost as new condition. All paid for too, no worry about oustanding fincance. I'm OCD about cleaning too....

Send me a PM, I'm seriously thinking about selling mine.
Sports Back, just two years (and a month) old, just over eight thousand miles, Mature owner, FSH manual in almost as new condition. All paid for too, no worry about oustanding fincance. I'm OCD about cleaning too....

I can already estimate that will be out of my budget mate. Realistically I will be looking at around 3yrs old with at least 20k on the clock.

I'm too early as well. Gonna wait till I've paid a bit more off my S5, since my mileage will be almost nothing so depreciation will drop to much lower than what I'm paying per month in finance.

oh and I'm after S-Tronic only....

I can already estimate that will be out of my budget mate. Realistically I will be looking at around 3yrs old with at least 20k on the clock.

I'm too early as well. Gonna wait till I've paid a bit more off my S5, since my mileage will be almost nothing so depreciation will drop to much lower than what I'm paying per month in finance.

oh and I'm after S-Tronic only....

Mate my car will be up for sale...early next year..with roughly 20k on the clock.....it'll be going on Autotrader...if no one is interested on buying from here

Reactions: pburv
Also l should add at this precise moment in time....even up til next spring Audi's car model line up is deplorable old and staid looking....there will be bucket loads of peep....moving to similar brands....a facelift Product improved car is all they have introduced this year and have been ham fisted over with this simple procedure.....Derv gate has really ****** them up......

So the merc and bmw have revolutionised the motor industry recently with their new models have they Jassy. Merc c class e class s class all are Russian dolls and bmw haven't brought anything to the market apart from some really ugly looking fast backs. But still agree with your interpretation of Audi's latest models.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Guys, thanks for all the comments.

I will post up more pics once the new car is mine!

To answer some questions.....

1. The car is in Birmingham.
2. Its the 2.0 ltr diesel.....190bhp. Its no S3 but its certainly nippy enough.
3. I realise theres a new version due out soon, but looking at spyshots, there is almost no difference......similar to the S3 to FL S3 progression.....
4. No, Hull still dont have a manager....hopefully they will give Mike Phelan the job, I really like how calm he is, he doesnt take to flattery and speaks of nothing but team, team, team.
5. I really dont think we will beat Man U, but as long as we give em a game, I will be happy!

Im not bothered about trying to sell my S3 privately.
Its a 2015(15) manual with comfort,privacy,satnav (basic) and red calipers. Its done 6000mls and they have bid me £24300 for it which Im more than happy with!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
The only X car that required radical change was the X1. It was fugly before they made it the baby brother of the bunch.
The X3 was upgraded in the same way a while back so agreed, the new one won't be a kick in the backside off what the current one looks like.

Reactions: pburv and Kugaman1
So the merc and bmw have revolutionised the motor industry recently with their new models have they Jassy. Merc c class e class s class all are Russian dolls and bmw haven't brought anything to the market apart from some really ugly looking fast backs. But still agree with your interpretation of Audi's latest models.

One of the Largest Motor manufacturers in the world only have managed a product improved model....Mercedes where firing out new models from March on wards and to a extent so where BMW....whether they where to your liking mate is irrelevant....Audi have been in a bad way since Derv Gate...and its only beginning to show now....2017 can only be better...with the new Q2/A5/TTRS/RS3....and whatever else they have in the loop.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L, pburv and SpeedyFrog
Newbie!! So sorry for my first post, it may seem a bit negative but it's not meant to be. BMW fetch out the new X3 in a few months so I've read, that's perhaps one reason you got a extraordinary good deal Kugaman, did you know that?That's one reason I've chopped in my SQ5 for the FL S3, it's coming up to 3 years old, new Q5 model out soon, problems with the DPFand decided I wanted a change, so I can see why you did. The BMW X3 is a great car and I'm sure from your post you're happy with the deal.

Can I just say you guys and gals are fantastic helping each other out with any problem or query with not having a negative thing to say about it, well 98% of the time, I'd like to be a part of this. Just in case your interested S3 SB Navarra blu S tronic with some extras and it's on it's way to the UK today.
Lenny, welcome to audi-sport.net. Thank you for the kind words about the forum. We are a great community and it's great to have you onboard. Look forward to pics of the car. Enjoy. ;) x

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06

3. I realise theres a new version due out soon, but looking at spyshots, there is almost no difference......similar to the S3 to FL S3 progression.....
4. No, Hull still dont have a manager....hopefully they will give Mike Phelan the job, I really like how calm he is, he doesnt take to flattery and speaks of nothing but team, team, team.
5. I really dont think we will beat Man U, but as long as we give em a game, I will be happy!

Its a 2015(15) manual with comfort,privacy,satnav (basic) and red calipers. Its done 6000mls and they have bid me £24300 for it which Im more than happy with!

£24300 is golden mate...for a manual car....and as you know....all threads on here go off topic....Audi Bashing is what its all aboot..right now...lol

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Yes scotty, I wouldnt have had the previous X3, it was a bit bland looking.

However, since the update in 2014, it looks pretty purposeful in M Sport guise.

For a slab sided house brick, its got some nice creases!

Oh and I forgot to mention it has an electric hatchback which is cool.

The HD idrive comes with all the connected apps/interfaces, its pretty amazing.
Also get 3 years of concierge service. Press a button and it calls the concierge. You can then ask for the location of the nearest Indian, chemist, supermarket, police station etc.....and they will send it to your satnav automatically. We tried it on the demo we drove at Aberdeen, its excellent!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 2 others

Sorry to hear your moving on, but you will be back soon. Enjoy your new car and we look forward to the pics. :) x

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
£24300 is golden mate...for a manual car....and as you know....all threads on here go off topic....Audi Bashing is what its all aboot..right now...lol

Yes, I was delighted with the offer and the price Im paying for the X3 is amazing.....not often you get a deal thats so good at both ends!
Im having to take it on a PCP to gain a free £2000 deposit contribution, but will be paying it off within the first 14 days..so its like a £2000 discount for nothing!

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 4 others
Yes, I was delighted with the offer and the price Im paying for the X3 is amazing.....not often you get a deal thats so good at both ends!
Im having to take it on a PCP to gain a free £2000 deposit contribution, but will be paying it off within the first 14 days..so its like a £2000 discount for nothing!

Shrood...lol

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
One of the Largest Motor manufacturers in the world only have managed a product improved model....Mercedes where firing out new models from March on wards and to a extent so where BMW....whether they where to your liking mate is irrelevant....Audi have been in a bad way since Derv Gate...and its only beginning to show now....2017 can only be better...with new Q2/A5/TTRS/RS3....and whatever else they have in the loop.....

Q2 will start being delivered in Nov buddy. So one new car and one FL in 2016. But as you say, you're really waiting in anticipation for 2017 so you can splash your cash.

@Kugaman1 they had a simplified version when I had my 5 Msport back in 2009-2011. It would only get you BMW service recovery of the 999 brigade out if you required them. It would also do it without asking if it detected the accident was serious enough. Seems to have been very well upgraded!! Enjoy tinkering. Plenty trips around England for you to plan. And of course, you'll need a good takeaway after the match?!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person

As of the 2nd quarter of this year, Audi sales have slumped badly mate,All dealerships right now are crying out for new stock from Audi and its not forthcoming,next year Audi should be back to business as usual

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Q2 will start being delivered in Nov buddy. So one new car and one FL in 2016. But as you say, you're really waiting in anticipation for 2017 so you can splash your cash.

@Kugaman1 they had a simplified version when I had my 5 Msport back in 2009-2011. It would only get you BMW service recovery of the 999 brigade out if you required them. It would also do it without asking if it detected the accident was serious enough. Seems to have been very well upgraded!! Enjoy tinkering. Plenty trips around England for you to plan. And of course, you'll need a good takeaway after the match?!!

No Scott,l aint talking about the RS3...etc etc....l speaking about Audi models in general...and that comes from a specific...high heed yin at a certain Audi showroom...Nudge nudge wink wink...lol

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
One of the Largest Motor manufacturers in the world only have managed a product improved model....Mercedes where firing out new models from March on wards and to a extent so where BMW....whether they where to your liking mate is irrelevant....Audi have been in a bad way since Derv Gate...and its only beginning to show now....2017 can only be better...with new Q2/A5/TTRS/RS3....and whatever else they have in the loop.....

It's got nothing to do with what I like. What new models? None have produced a brand new model just updates more tech and bigger engines. I agree Audi is the same Q2 yep A5 same just face lift TTRS it's a TT with a bigger engine and some suspension changes RS3 nothing new there even if it does become a Saloon, A3 saloon beefed up. No radical shape change on any of them I include Merc and BMW. Where are the new models.To be fair a hit of £15 billion in fines still climbing will have some impact on any manufactures future plans. Ain't making a good impression for a new member am I. lol

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
It's got nothing to do with what I like. What new models? None have produced a brand new model just updates more tech and bigger engines. I agree Audi is the same Q2 yep A5 same just face lift TTRS it's a TT with a bigger engine and some suspension changes RS3 nothing new there even if it does become a Saloon, A3 saloon beefed up. No radical shape change on any of them I include Merc and BMW. Where are the new models.To be fair a hit of £15 billion in fines still climbing will have some impact on any manufactures future plans. Ain't making a good impression for a new member am I. lol

No worries mate...been on here awhile.....and on a few members ignore lists...lol anyways we always welcome guys with strong opinions and avid Audi fans....of which l am...sad l know....Welcome :friends::yahoo:

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, Sandra and 3 others
Mate my car will be up for sale...early next year..with roughly 20k on the clock.....it'll be going on Autotrader...if no one is interested on buying from here

I'll keep in touch mate. Remind me of the spec?

See that's an absolute steal at £24300! We all know Audi will stick that on at £30k and buying it from them or off you would make no difference to me whatsoever...other than I'll be £5k lighter and it'll be covered in swirls....

Personally speaking Derv gate was a blessing for me, it meant I got a great deal on my S1, if things had still been normal for Audi I doubt I would have bought an S1 this year.

So back to the OP - hope you enjoy the BMW and it does what you need, seems like you got a good trade in price on the S3 too :)

Lenny, welcome to audi-sport.net. Thank you for the kind words about the forum. We are a great community and it's great to have you onboard. Look forward to pics of the car. Enjoy. ;) x

Thanks Sandra. It is a great forum with great people.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra