sorry had to share this

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Beings i have the bigger turbo,fmic,full decat,egr delete,and recently got my final map i noticed straight away fuel IMPROVED!
Cruising Around 80 was showing 48-50mpg,was usually 43-45.

So today m25 was pretty heavy but flowing,contant 60mph
Started getting...
DSC_0095.jpg

Just kept improving
DSC_0100.jpg

Then hit some slow traffic 40mph limit
DSC_0102-1.jpg

This is the highest results i had ever,i dont know what (more bhp) they did but its crazey.
It does drop insanely When booting as id expect.

I even recorded part of my journey just to prove the actual results and it was a flat motorway.

So when i got home my dis showed average 59mpg.

I know some of you guys get poor mileage,not rubbing salt in wounds etc but i spent a few ££££ over the months and finally got a 200bhp returing over 55+mpg.

Had to share ;-)

Reactions: boytrigg, barkclark, voorhees and 4 others
Looking good, The difference between a poor map and a good map can be night and day. I would check the actual fuel consumption by filling the tank and recording use brim to brim, it's the only accurate way to do it. If the car has been remapped and changes have been made to the injection duration maps which does happen especially when pushing the limits a bit this will affect the accuracy of the trip readings, and cause them to show higher MPG readings than the car is actually doing.

https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/understanding-ecu-maps-part-2

Karl.

Deano, can you send me the details of where you had your car mapped please? Very very interested in this once I have my hardware upgraded!!!! Is this the place in Crewe you had mentioned?

Especially keen as my usual daily mpg is about 32.......Reasonably quiet country roads with loads of changes in speed limit and town driving to work every day. Not roads conducive to friendly mpg figures! So any improvement would be great, especially if I do long runs.

Cheers Deano, will wait till I have all my bits fitted then drive over, only 1hr45min from me, so not too bad!

Sounds like you had a very good experience?!