Sorry another MPS4 Tyre Question

rjb79

Reaction score
I'm just looking to swap from the OEM Pirells 235 all round to the same square setup but on MPS4's. I'm just comparing prices and when I look on Camskill I see two options for what appear to be the same tyre just one is cheaper than the other? Could someone say which is the correct one between option 2 or option 4 in the list?

Thanks very much.
Screenshot 2020 06 29 at 122557

2 and 4 are different model tyres .

You mean 2 and 3 , choose the heavier load tyre option 2 .

To add to the above, it looks like option 4 is the “4s” so this is a superior tyre to the mps and may be worth consideration. I went for the 4s on my last Rs3 and couldn’t fault them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option 4 is a better tyre in terms of outright grip and handling and has a cashback promotion where as option 2 doesn't. Also 4 is the cheapest.
If your not particularly interested in out and out handling then the PS4 is still a very good tyre and the most comfy.

Upload 2020 6 29 12 50 10

Option 4 is a better tyre in terms of outright grip and handling and has a cashback promotion where as option 2 doesn't. Also 4 is the cheapest.
If your not particularly interested in out and out handling then the PS4 is still a good tyre.

View attachment 205530

Seems to make more sense to go with option 4 then. Thanks

Sorry to butt into this thread but I’m due some front tyres soon enough. I currently have the staggered 255 front and 235 rear P Zeros on. I too am looking to go for the mps4s’, should I keep this set up or go square. I will only be changing the front two so the rears will remain the 235’s.
Cheers.

Sorry to butt into this thread but I’m due some front tyres soon enough. I currently have the staggered 255 front and 235 rear P Zeros on. I too am looking to go for the mps4s’, should I keep this set up or go square. I will only be changing the front two so the rears will remain the 235’s.
Cheers.

I would go 235 since the mps4s is wider than the equivalent 235 p zero as is and quite frankly is a much better tyre (sidewall looks a lot nicer imo too)

I'm running 255 front and rear mps4s but unless you've got at least a 30mm+ drop it'll look funny but that's food for thought down the track. The only other tyre I would bother with is the cup2 for track days or if it's sunny 90% of the time in your country.

I wouldn't ever mix tyre brands or different tyres from the same manufacturer but that's up to you.

Reactions: Naylor92
I would go 235 since the mps4s is wider than the equivalent 235 p zero as is and quite frankly is a much better tyre (sidewall looks a lot nicer imo too)

I'm running 255 front and rear mps4s but unless you've got at least a 30mm+ drop it'll look funny but that's food for thought down the track. The only other tyre I would bother with is the cup2 for track days or if it's sunny 90% of the time in your country.

I wouldn't ever mix tyre brands or different tyres from the same manufacturer but that's up to you.
Cheers for the reply and advice chap. So you’d go with 235’s same as the rear Pirelli’s? I do plan on changing all of them but the rears still have a bit of life left in them!

I don’t have any lowering springs, it’s just on standard mag ride with 11mm spacers all round.

There wouldn’t be any harm in having the Pirelli’s on the back and mps’ on the front for a bit would there? I had my tracking done the other week for peace of mind and all perfect. Can’t afford all 4 at the moment and like I said mate, plenty of tread left on them, like new nearly.

Reactions: 5pot4banger
Cheers for the reply and advice chap. So you’d go with 235’s same as the rear Pirelli’s? I do plan on changing all of them but the rears still have a bit of life left in them!

I don’t have any lowering springs, it’s just on standard mag ride with 11mm spacers all round.

There wouldn’t be any harm in having the Pirelli’s on the back and mps’ on the front for a bit would there? I had my tracking done the other week for peace of mind and all perfect. Can’t afford all 4 at the moment and like I said mate, plenty of tread left on them, like new nearly.

Yeh I would. The 235 mps4s I'd say are as wide as the 255 pirelli's. I'm going off the fact that the 255 mp4s were dramatically larger than the 255 pzero's which were originally on the car when I bought it + what other people say about the 235's. I was actually amazed at how much wider they were. I know what you mean though, on my R I would always just replace the front 2, then all 4 and repeat since the rears lasted pretty much double the time.

No harm as long as the tread depth isn't insanely different I imagine. Some people, myself included experienced traction issues when changing the tyres where the light will come on when you hammer it for what appears like no reason but one click of the tc (putting it into sport mode, not completely off) solves this 99% of the time. My pfl was shocking at this, fl better but still apparent.

Reactions: Naylor92
Yeh I would. The 235 mps4s I'd say are as wide as the 255 pirelli's. I'm going off the fact that the 255 mp4s were dramatically larger than the 255 pzero's which were originally on the car when I bought it + what other people say about the 235's. I was actually amazed at how much wider they were. I know what you mean though, on my R I would always just replace the front 2, then all 4 and repeat since the rears lasted pretty much double the time.

No harm as long as the tread depth isn't insanely different I imagine. Some people, myself included experienced traction issues when changing the tyres where the light will come on when you hammer it for what appears like no reason but one click of the tc (putting it into sport mode, not completely off) solves this 99% of the time. My pfl was shocking at this, fl better but still apparent.
Yeah I’ll definitely go for the 235’s, plus they’re cheaper! With black circles on a mail order you can get them for £142. I couldn’t believe how cheap to be honest for such a good tyre.

Yeah I’ve done it on most cars I’ve had to be honest but not mixed tyre brand. The rears still have loads left and when it comes to doing the those aswell, I could put the new ones on the front again and slightly worn on the back. These Pirelli P Zeros that are on now have worn so bad and unevenly so I’m not putting them on again. Plus I don’t think there are many a tyre that can touch the Michelin’s are there.

I didn’t even know this!? What a rookie I must be. So what is it, one click on the traction control button (not hold) and that sorts it? In any Drive mode too?