Sooo not funny

mjcourtney

Reaction score
A little Friday afternoon story for you all....

There I was working at my desk when a colleague calls me up to tell me I'd best come look at my car as he's just noticed a scratch or some paint on the front bumper.

I ran out the door (Usain Bolt would have been proud of this sprint) and approached my car. Sure enough, there was a ****** big scrape right across the front drivers side bumper :motz:

IMAG0755

I was gutted!!! Took a good look, seemed to be quite rough to the touch, and the black indicated it had gone through to the plastic. At this point I notice half the office has turned up to take a look, all muttering "oh no, that looks expensive, wonder who did that?"

So I check for other damage and then wander off to the security hut to ask for the CCTV see if I can catch the cretin. As i'm walking off someone shouts "doesn't look so bad from a distance". I turn round to see.....

NO DAMAGE.

It was a bl**dy sticker!!!!!

Can't believe I fell for that :Flush:

Lots of chuckles all round, but now I've found the culprit I have started my master plan for revenge. Apparently they had been planning it for weeks, and had tried the sticker out on a few other cars to make sure it didn't damage the paint when removed. On the plus side, i'm so relieved, and the car is undamaged :)

Off to give it a good wash now :arco:

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottD3, Daveotto and JudderMan
Bar stewards, looked a little strange to me, looked more like rubber mark than paint on paint as such.

Yes, I thought it was a tyre mark too at first and tried to rub it off. The sticker was rucked up so had uneveness in it and it felt like the paint had peeled up. I'm just resarching how much weedkiller I need to burn letters into a lawn..... ;)

I'm just resarching how much weedkiller I need to burn letters into a lawn..... ;)

Just think about animals & your master plan, it may backfire on you big time, cats eat grass, dogs sniff etc, my advice, find another idea.

turps for the lawn

........ And it even wasn't April 1st, how rude of them!!! Are the culprits your so called friends, colleagues or enemies? ....and did you ever mention the car is your pride and joy? Lol

They've been demoted from friends, back to colleagues now! They're well aware it's my pride and joy, I suspect it's all a way of expressing their jealousy.... :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Battlekrapz and Sandra
Think I'd have had a total sense of humour failure if someone had done that to me!

Reactions: hittchy
Think I'd have had a total sense of humour failure if someone had done that to me!

Me too.

I once told some work colleagues they had to take their shoes off to have a lift to the pub.... and they did, without questioning. I was only teasing them too.

Reactions: mjcourtney and cemerson
i gasped, then laughed then thought what are their weaknesses- focus on that. hee hee.

Reactions: mjcourtney