Soon to be S3 owner

WeeDram

Reaction score
Hi from Canada! I've been lurking here for a couple of months and now that my S3 is due to arrive in a couple of weeks I thought I'd join officially.

Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. What spec/colour car you getting? When does it arrive? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks for the welcome, Sandra. My S3 was ordered mid-October, is being built now and should arrive mid-January. Here's the spec, along with a few thoughts behind my decisions:

Daytona Grey. Many people are getting the $400 red brake calipers with this colour, but I opted for standard black. I think that's the way they're going to end up anyway, after brake dust and road grime take their toll.

Magma Red interior. I love the red stitching; it spruces up the otherwise spartan look. Every second forum post talks about mono.pur but that's not an option here. I don't know whether to be sad.

S tronic. Manual shift is not available in N America. I have driven a stick all my life but would still choose the S tronic. Too much stop and go traffic and long highway drones in top gear to bother with a stick now.

Technik trim line. In Canada that's a bundle including MMI Navigation Plus, B&O sound system, Front and Rear Parking Assist, Rear View Camera, and Advanced Key.

Technology package which adds ACC, side assist and active lane assist. I can't wait to enjoy ACC along with the B&O system in heavy traffic!

Audi Magnetic Ride

Tire Pressure Monitoring System. We're forever getting slow leaks and flats from the crummy roads and construction debris around here.

18" wheels. A more compliant ride was more important to me than the visual appeal of the 19".

I did not spec the LED headlights because I don't think they're worth the $1050 premium that Audi charges here. I might have considered them at half that price.