Soon to be S3 owner saying hi!

A3NDY_S3

Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls)!

I'll be looking to buy an S3 soon, I'd like the facelifted version so I'm looking for around a 58/09 plate, and was wondering that kinda things I should look out for when making my purchase? I've never bought Audi before (my current ride being an Impreza... Please don't hurt me!) so I don't know what sort of stuff I should be checking for apart from the usual. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll post some pics of the car you've helped me choose when I get her! Haha.

Also, I was just wondering if there's the same unspoken levels of respect between S3 drivers as you get with Scoobs (being waves, and ALWAYS being let out of a junction if they see you waiting!).

Andy

Reactions: RPB and Sandra
I'm in the same boat mate gone from imprezas to hopefully an s3 stage 2 plus if I could find one lol ! What scooby did you have ? Off topic sorry lol good luck in finding an s3 bud

Hi guys (and girls)!

I'll be looking to buy an S3 soon, I'd like the facelifted version so I'm looking for around a 58/09 plate, and was wondering that kinda things I should look out for when making my purchase? I've never bought Audi before (my current ride being an Impreza... Please don't hurt me!) so I don't know what sort of stuff I should be checking for apart from the usual. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll post some pics of the car you've helped me choose when I get her! Haha.

Also, I was just wondering if there's the same unspoken levels of respect between S3 drivers as you get with Scoobs (being waves, and ALWAYS being let out of a junction if they see you waiting!).

Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Good luck with the search. Have a read through the link below,you may find some useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/68308-help-tips-buying-new-shape-s3.html

Reactions: A3NDY_S3
Nice to meet a fellow Scooby fan buddy! I'm still driving her, she's a classic MY99. Pics attached! I love her to be fair, but after 2 years I want something a little newer, but also want to keep the performance and 4WD... so the S3 it is! Which Scoob did/do you have?? IMG 1561IMG 3643IMG 3645

Hi mate i had an my 99 uk 2000 but was running a vf 28 and sti topmount with full decat and boost controler ! It was rapid mate and handled ace ! Loved it lol then had a 360 bhp bug sti but it was a minter ! I spent a load on her wr1 alloys proper speedline ones not copies ! Really dont know why i sold it to be fair but we do dont we ? Same as you tho bud i want turbo with 4 wheel drive and something more refined/stylish that blends in ! My scooby was a dream to drive but was loud and even popping the shops for milk everyone wanted a race lol

Sounds like you've had a good run with Scoobs mate, and I know what you mean about spending a fortune on them. I've probably put about £3k into this one, and I know I'm pretty much throwing my money away but I don't do it for the return, I do it for the love of the car! I wasn't a huge fan of the Bugeye, do they perform well? Hahaha if there's one thing I'm gonna miss, it's the Scooby rumble of the unequal headers!!! :bye:

Well i bought the bugeye as the classics can be hard on you if its an everyday car as mine was and to be fair i loved it as it was an sti prodrive it was styled better than a normal bug 👍 you dont get the money back no but its our hobby and i dont drink or go out much,id rather spend ito cars than throwing into the local boozer ! Lol

If i could post pucs i would mate sorry ! I only learnt how to post a link 2 weeks ago lol

Reactions: Compkiler
I had a new 03 WRX that i put over 10k into over the 8 years I had it. LOL. I loved it.
Now really enjoying my S3 that i've been lucky enough to own from new too since 2011.
I can say though, there is no waving, and no being let out of any junctions! hahaha.

Reactions: A3NDY_S3
I agree, it is better than spending all your money in the pub! :icon_thumright: I thought about getting a P1 but going from a classic it wouldn't really feel like having a new car if you know what I mean?!

RPB how you finding the S3 in comparison to the Scoob? Does it have as much character? Haha gutted about the waves! I think we should make it a thing amongst S3 drivers! :icon_thumright:

Yea , what's up with the lack of waves ? I parked next to a guy in the car park the other day , said hi and was blanked .
I get let out of junctions by more Beemers than Audis :uhm:

I must have been brought up different lol as I do let out fellow A3 & S3 drivers out at junctions, I may not wave but I do give a respectful nod :p

When i get an s3 i will be waving fellow owners ! Its up to them if its returned lol

I agree, it is better than spending all your money in the pub! :icon_thumright: I thought about getting a P1 but going from a classic it wouldn't really feel like having a new car if you know what I mean?!

RPB how you finding the S3 in comparison to the Scoob? Does it have as much character? Haha gutted about the waves! I think we should make it a thing amongst S3 drivers! :icon_thumright:

I love the S3. The S-tronic is nothing short of epic for me with the Shark map. Just pure power with no lag at all. My subaru being modified and a manual would not touch the S3 I don't think until it got going. I just find the Audi makes me grin as much as the Subaru, but when in manual mode and giving it some, the Audi is f'ing awesome.
P1! Do it! Fantastic cars if you can find a loved one. Really need to do your homework to buy one that won't cost you a packet though.

If i were to have another scoobie it would defo be a 99 type r liited edition ! Very quick car especialy slightly tuned !