Soon to be B8 S4 owner

mylo911

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After many happy years of S3 ownership, it was time to move on to something bigger and more practical.

There were a quite few prerequisite’s for the new car, and after a quick whittle down of contenders, only one remained.
(I knew all along this would be the one, but had to go through the process anyway)

The decision was made, and a BE S4 Avant was ordered (admittedly this was back in August)

The S3 was put up for sale privately, and sold in a heartbeat, so have been running around in whatever I can beg/steal/borrow until the new car comes in December.

Anyway, am very much looking forward to S4 ownership and contributing more to the forum

Adios for now

Reactions: Rab. and Sandra
​Congrats on the new car. What colour / spec you getting? Look forward to seeing pics. :) x

Thanks, will upload some pics on collection day

Colour wise, went for Estoril Blue with Black/Silver Super Sports

On the spec front -
ADS
Sports Diff
Tech Pack
Adaptive Light
Pan Roof
Phone High

+ a few other little bits!

When the time and place is right!

Will not be tracking it much/in a hurry, but it makes the car I think.

Great spec, similar to mine and I wouldn't have anything else at the minute. Going to put my winters on soon ready for the snow!

longgp2 - What is the standout feature that you like the most?

Have ordered a set of winter wheels & tyres from Germany, so will be strapping them on pre-delivery!

Sounds great! You should notice a big difference going from haldex to torsen with a sports diff!

longgp2 - What is the standout feature that you like the most?

Have ordered a set of winter wheels & tyres from Germany, so will be strapping them on pre-delivery!

The boring answer is that it does everything well, but for me I love putting it in manual with the diff set to dynamic and driving it like I stole it - while listening to talk sport on the DAB through the excellent B&O system!!!!

I've had mine for 18 months now and recently toyed with changing to an RS4 but I don't think the gap between the two is big enough to warrant the extra cost involved, in fact for me the only things better about the RS are the brakes and the sound of the V8.

After a pulley upgrade and a remap, it's not that much quicker...;)

I don't think it even needs a pulley upgrade does it? Just a basic re-map brings it more-or-less level with RS4 performance going by Monkey's road test, or did that one have a Pulley upgrade as well - can't remember now. :sm4:

That would come down to Individuals and what they want from there S4......£1200 is a lot cheaper than buying a RS4 , And the S4 can be tuned passed 450 quite easy ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387816116949118

After a 4 month wait, we collected the car this week!

Only 300 miles in, but loving it.

Reactions: Rab.
Great car mate - same engine, colour and wheels as my recently acquired S5.

I came from a similar car as you too (same engine anyway) in the form of a TTS.

The 'instant' power is astonishing isn't it - no lag, just there !

Your Avant looks great in estoril too paired with black edition.

Reactions: Spr0cket
Nice!

300 miles in a few days - being properly used then :)
Well done on ordering the sports diff, I was too late to order it for my car, but still great without it.:sm4:

Nice S4 :) good to see another Avant S4. Enjoy the lovely sports mode and driving like it should be driven!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388420330190734

Winter wheels and tyres strapped on yesterday, and just clocked 600 miles.

Will get some more pics posted when time allows.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Awesome car, colour! :) I must admit I have been eying one up too even though i'm in a mapped S3.
I too have watched that video posted above about the mapped S4 vs the RS4. Very tempting! LOL.

mylo911 - why the torsion diff? I am bit clueless with that

RPB - after having various Audi's with Quattro in different flavours, the sports diff is a real game changer to the way they feel, and in my view, it really transforms the S4.

Usually, the Quattro system transfers power between the front & rear wheels only, but the sports diff distributes torque between the rear wheels too. With more power being fed to the outside rear wheel wheel whilst cornering, it basically pushes the car round the corner. A strange sensation at first, but the car is so much more nimble/agile for it, and is quite different to the traditional Audi handling.

Hope this makes sense.

Definitely makes sense, as it's only a 600 quid option when speccing the car from new - it's a no brainer.