Soon to be an S3 owner

• Thread starter Deleted member 143317
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143317

Hi All.

Thought I'd join up as I am hoping to soon be an owner of an S3 8L (225 BAM, 2002).
Read through a lot of threads here before signing up, mainly as any google research on S3's pointed me here.

Ok, brief intro. I am buying the S3 to upgrade my daily driver which I also use to compete in uk (south west) hillclimbs and sprints.
It was my first year competing in 2019 and I dipped my toe with a modest Civic Type S. (1.8 140HP). I started searching for a more interesting and tunable alternative and the opportunity for the S3 appeared. Had been thinking along the VAG lines, Cupra/Golf/VRS etc.
Plans are to keep it stock for now, and add tweaks as the season progresses and experience of the car in events grows. The class I am going for doesnt allow a lot mod-wise, but it does allow maps, suspension upgrades and mods to the haldex - so ticks most of the recommended upgrades.
Havent seen any other S3 8L in the championships, but there are a couple TT's with the BAM/Haldex and a colleague will be entering his S3 8L too this year.

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome to Audi-sport.net Steve. Look forward to pics of 6our car.

Hi Again.
Sorry for going quiet, the prospect S3 took a little longer to get prepped than I thought before I sealed a deal - it needed front bumper refurbishing. Did the deal yesterday and I collect next Sat. Very good test drive, haldex fully working and feels very tight. Previous owner had refreshed a lot of the susp bushes. Some have asked for some pics, so they are below.
Plans, well I am running it as my daily and also as an event car for the local hillclimb/sprint. For now, I am doing nothing to it. The car is stock apart from those alloys and some Ferodo 2500 pads on the front. After the first event around Clay Pigeon Raceway in March, I'll know where to start with tweaks. I have read on here about Badger TIP, thicker rear ARB, Haldex Touch Controlle and the obligatory remap which are in my sights but I am letting the track work let me feel the weaknesses for events.

On with the pics:
IMG 20200206 171242 resized 20200206 065615903
IMG 20200222 190643

Reactions: Audi Bairn