Facelift Soon be time to say goodbye

BarryG79

Reaction score
Well folks it’s nearly time for my S3 to go back to the lease company

79d8ff7389f09062fccef4d9c89cebf6.jpg

The 2 year lease is up in December so for the last few months I’ve been searching for another deal. Unfortunately another S3 of similar basic would cost an extra £150pm, which I’m not prepared to pay. I also can’t really justify paying what I’m paying just now for a car to sit in the office car park 4 days a week and in the drive while using the wife’s car at the weekend. As much as I love the S3 money talks and so does the wife!
Tried to convince her that I really didn’t need a 4 door, 4/5 seat car either. But she was having none of that so the cheap Mx5 and Arbath 124 spider lease deals came and went along with the A4 BE ones too.

Then I stumbled across a fantastically priced cheap deal but with out the S3 street cred which should hopefully be delivered in December.

Now some may laugh and some may cry with laughter. But it’s only for 18 months, will save me £100pm in lease payments and also a saving in fuel TBC. So if there are some better Audi lease deals after that then it won’t be long till I’m back.

BMW 225xe Msport Premium Active Tourer in Estoril Blue
a2551353cac44b3a04194dc7c694a204.png
346848acde803a5dec90627785c801ad.png

Plug in Hybrid, 224hp, Xdrive, pano roof and LED lights.

Don’t worry though I’ll still be hanging out on ASN as the electric and Active Tourer forums aren’t quite as busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ian66, Bristle Hound, SPIKE_ and 10 others

The 2 year lease is up in December so for the last few months I’ve been searching for another deal. Unfortunately another S3 of similar basic would cost an extra £150pm, which I’m not prepared to pay. I also can’t really justify paying what I’m paying just now for a car to sit in the office car park 4 days a week and in the drive while using the wife’s car at the weekend. As much as I love the S3 money talks and so does the wife!
Tried to convince her that I really didn’t need a 4 door, 4/5 seat car either. But she was having none of that so the cheap Mx5 and Arbath 124 spider lease deals came and went along with the A4 BE ones too.

Then I stumbled across a fantastically priced cheap deal but with out the S3 street cred which should hopefully be delivered in December.

Now some may laugh and some may cry with laughter. But it’s only for 18 months, will save me £100pm in lease payments and also a saving in fuel TBC. So if there are some better Audi lease deals after that then it won’t be long till I’m back.

Don’t worry though I’ll still be hanging out on ASN as the electric and Active Tourer forums aren’t quite as busy

As long as your still hanging around here mate and that's not a bad car at all great spec and most of all it's a nice colour to keep shiny

Reactions: Jcbmally, Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn and 3 others
As long as your still hanging around here mate and that's not a bad car at all great spec and most of all it's a nice colour to keep shiny

Don’t worry will still be here for the banter!

Aye it’s got a decent spec as standard, unfortunately the way the finance company has structured the deal the only options that could be added were Premium pack and metallic. So no window tints, roof bars, Apple play or prof media but hey ho it’s a lease car for 18 months. Was going to go for Alpine White as it was free, but it was only an extra £10pm for metallic so picked the best out of a poor choice (black, silver, grey, white or blue).
An 18 month deal also means my next car will be due in the summer rather than winter and it will only be 12 months after delivery until I can start looking for the next one!

Reactions: Reggieboy71, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
Or if you were a real man you would get what you want and not buy something you don’t want

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Jcbmally, Rolly12 and 1 other person

It’s not the prettiest but should be interesting to try something new with hybrid tech plus happy wife = happy life.

Reactions: blackb9er, Jcbmally, martin1984 and 2 others
Seems like a nice spec BMW, but I hate the look of those. When they come at you from the behind, they look funny and they seem popular here in Germany (but on the other hand Germans also like Smart cars, yikes).

Hope you'll be back to Audi soon! :D

Reactions: NevMan and BarryG79
They really ain't the nicest looking car, but estoril blue is really nice and I'm sure the interior is OK too! So how bad can it be . :)

Reactions: BarryG79
Or if you were a real man you would get what you want and not buy something you don’t want

the car was my choice she couldn’t care less, in comparison to the alternatives Golf or Focus for similar money this was definitely the better choice.

Reactions: 4K, Audib5fan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Good luck with the new car @BarryG79 hope you enjoy it. Good to hear you be sticking around :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and BarryG79
It’s not the prettiest but should be interesting to try something new with hybrid tech plus happy wife = happy life.

Yeah that was my thinking really wanted to try full electric and the BMW i3s would of been my first choice if it wasn’t for the monthlies, maybe next time.

Reactions: TYb
They really ain't the nicest looking car, but estoril blue is really nice and I'm sure the interior is OK too! So how bad can it be . :)

Cheers, full black leather with blue stitching I think will look the business along with the pano roof

Reactions: NevMan and oli356

Looks to be a prudent choice, and in a year you can start looking at the new models coming out, but they would cost more £’s.

the car was my choice she couldn’t care less, in comparison to the alternatives Golf or Focus for similar money this was definitely the better choice.

Golf nicer looking imo but enjoy the new car anyway

Reactions: Pook, Rideen and BarryG79
Enjoy new car! Can see why you've made the change, main thing is you've had the past 2 years of enjoyment I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Rideen and BarryG79

That is a nice alternative, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it over the 18 month period. I'm sure these lease deals can be good, but I just can't get my head around the expense still.....a bit like the PCP deals as well.

That is a nice alternative, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it over the 18 month period. I'm sure these lease deals can be good, but I just can't get my head around the expense still.....a bit like the PCP deals as well.

Cheers, I hope so!

Less than £5k for 18 months motoring for a £37k car, cheap as chips mate

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_
that is ****** cheap as chips!

not bad at all. Which Leasing company if you don't mind sharing?

Cheers, I hope so!

Less than £5k for 18 months motoring for a £37k car, cheap as chips mate

Could of had a BMW 530e Msport for £6,500 for the same term too and that’s at least £50k !

I can see the appeal of going for these! Makes me think what a cheaper car would be like money wise - say a Mini JCW or the likes.

I can see the appeal of going for these! Makes me think what a cheaper car would be like money wise - say a Mini JCW or the likes.

Just a quick look found this.
Check out leasing.com

9b6aa0b16500ddbc31e1c1e4cec8bce1.png

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_
pay under £150 p/m for my wife's JCW, but did put down decent deposit. At least don't need to hand back after 4 years :icon thumright:

Reactions: V6_Man

@BarryG79 - BM looks fab buddy & a great deal too
Don't forget the pics on delivery Barry

I just missed out on an end of Q3 lease on a BMW active tourer 220d (190bhp) X-drive M-sport step auto in white with privacy glass & a factory towbar for £310/month for 24 months 8000 miles no initial
Wife's MINI Cooper S 5 door went back after a 2 year lease end of September
Just a quick look found this.
Check out leasing.com

9b6aa0b16500ddbc31e1c1e4cec8bce1.png

Needs a minimum of the chilli pack IMHO (after 4 MINI's incl a new JCW)

Reactions: NevMan and BarryG79
@BarryG79 - BM looks fab buddy & a great deal too
Don't forget the pics on delivery Barry

I just missed out on an end of Q3 lease on a BMW active tourer 220d (190bhp) X-drive M-sport step auto in white with privacy glass & a factory towbar for £310/month for 24 months 8000 miles no initial
Wife's MINI Cooper S 5 door went back after a 2 year lease end of September

Needs a minimum of the chilli pack IMHO (after 4 MINI's incl a new JCW)

What did you get To replace Mrs BH’s Cooper S @Bristle Hound?

We love our JCW

9e1d617dc9041f3773874a321c1547da.jpg

Reactions: S32B, Bristle Hound and BarryG79
What did you get To replace Mrs BH’s Cooper S @Bristle Hound?

We love our JCW

9e1d617dc9041f3773874a321c1547da.jpg
@q5man - JCW looks fab buddy !

Replacement isn't a MINI & not as quick but the wife is very excited. Arrives Friday 2nd November
2 year PCH again
A clue - Its a SUV/Crossover ;)

Replacement isn't a MINI & not as quick but the wife is very excited. Arrives Friday 2nd November
2 year PCH again

Nissan Juke

2 year PCH again
Seat Ateca , well you are a SEAT fan now fella. :whistle2:

I know...Fiesta Crossover

I'd go with the Fiat Multipla. It's a proper effin crossover between a tri-cycle, a quad-bike, Car, Hatchback and an SUV.

Reactions: NevMan
I will guess Seat Atecca Cupra ! !
I would be excited getting one of those

I'd go with the Fiat Multipla. It's a proper effin crossover between a tri-cycle, a quad-bike, Car, Hatchback and an SUV.

Mate, they do t even make those ugly things anymore thank goodness

Reactions: V6_Man
c789aab85ec08373001cf98e76fe170f.jpg

Off into the sunset yesterday.

Reactions: Lehn, Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and 1 other person