Sony a300 dslr

boya

Reaction score
Looking to buy a dslr to give it a go but font really want to spend a fortune, been looking at the Sony a300 so just wondering if anyone has got one of these that they could share some views on before I buy one. Cheers, andy

I dont have one, but know someone that has, and they produce great images and the frame rate is awesome iirc

i use the Sony A200 mate, basically the same camera in essence. Really good piece of kit and good for a beginner.

If you look on my facebook page - - sduk photography - | Facebook you can see some of my shoots with it. All done with the Sony. :)

Any questions gimme a shout, happy to help

i use the Sony A200 mate, basically the same camera in essence. Really good piece of kit and good for a beginner.

If you look on my facebook page - - sduk photography - | Facebook you can see some of my shoots with it. All done with the Sony. :)

check out this thread, this was my first time out with it, the massive scaffhold pole needs cropped out of one of the images lol
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...assis/132947-just-got-dslr-here-few-pics.html

personaly i tgink PS is relied upon too much, id reposition the subject, or compose from a different angle so the pole wasn't an issue. My 2p worth.

Otherwise you have a decent enough eye, keep it up.

personaly i tgink PS is relied upon too much, id reposition the subject, or compose from a different angle so the pole wasn't an issue. My 2p worth.

Otherwise you have a decent enough eye, keep it up.

I haven't even got photoshop lol, I didn't even see the ****** pole till I got home but it was my first time out and am really happy with the results, if I noticed it when I was there I defiantly would of took another without it, tbh I don't like the idea of photoshop but it can do some really cool stuff with pictures so might give it a go at a later date, not to fix a poor photo but add effects etc. cheers for the positive comment tho :)

good effort for your first shots. Do you shoot in RAW? If not then you really need to. Read up on RAW and it will help your post editing massively. Basically when you shoot in RAW the camera stores all the data from the photo and allows you to edit all the settings from the comfort at your home.

My initial thoughts on your first pics are the white balance need tweeked, that could be easily done in the RAW file :)

You should get into PS, its very difficult to take a perfect image first time. you would be amazed what can be saved/improved in photoshop :)

Yeah I shoot in fine & raw mate, the laptop doesn't like raw images for some reason, I will have a play around with the white balance the next time I go out with it but up to now I don't even know how to change it lol.

you should shoot in jpeg and raw, then you can preview your shot on the camera and edit the RAW file once at home.

Do you have the RAW file for the first photo in your thread? would you email it to me so I can have a play with it?

samdonaldson @ btinternet.com

hmm fine refers to the quality of the photo, jpeg and RAW are the formats, different things.

did you manage to send the file mate? :)

Sorry mate I didn't, I will deffo do it tomorrow, I might be mistaken about the picture formats. Just been a little busy trying up hunt a coolant pipe down for the car, will deffo send it tomorrow though mate

mate sent you an email with my edited RAW file. Here tho is your original....

b4bbccf2.jpg

and my edit:

DSC00804.jpg

Hello there mate,
I have a sony a200 and was just looking on here for some help/ hints as to what else i need or should look to getting,
What software will help me bring the photos to life?

Hello there mate,
I have a sony a200 and was just looking on here for some help/ hints as to what else i need or should look to getting,
What software will help me bring the photos to life?

Photoshop c5s is what SDUK suggested I use mate, hard as **** to use lol, am sure with practice it will become easier though,

Photoshop Elements is a slightly lighter and much, much cheaper version of CS5. Unless photography is your real passion or living, CS5 is a bit too expensive to purchase at full price for most people (wouldn't you rather spend the money on car accessories?!).

Besides Photoshop, there are other photo editing programs you may wish to consider - some are even available for free (legitimately!). Just do a search...

By the way, check out dyxum.com. It's probably the best photography forum for Sony DSLR users. The members there are the friendliest anywhere and are falling over themselves to help (no exaggeration). My member name there is "muddin" - say hello if you happen to pop in.