Sonos Playbar

Reaction score
I've got speakers in all sort of places around the house, including the garden which are all hard wired to various sound systems and computers, but now I'm thinking about going wireless. A couple of months ago I bought a Sonos Play 1 which I'm thinking about using to replace my garden speakers.

Then a couple of weeks ago I bought a Sonos Playbar for the TV and at the time, to act as a bridge. The sound quality is good, but is wasted by my TV because it doesn't have an optical output. I've bought a converter so it will work with the TV, but obviously the sound output isn't as good as it could be.

I'm not really too bothered about that at the moment because when the 8k tv's become a more reasonable price, I'll replace the existing one. My only concern is that I may have spent out too early! I can't help but think Sonos will bring out a Playbar 2 sometime between now and when I buy a new TV.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

I'm interested in this as well,be good to hear any reviews

Well all in all I'm impressed with the Soundbar. Both speakers sync up well with my iPad/iPhone app and in fact I have now added a Play 3 to my collection.

The Soundbar is definitely better than the TV speaker although on the very odd occasion with one or two Blu-rays, the speech enhancement can be a little over enhanced. The base is nice from the speaker, but after visiting John Lewis lately, the Sub would be a nice add on.

We've started listening to music more in the living room now, even with streamed music, the quality is good.

I have a soundbar, two play3's and the sub for my home cinema... it's amazing. no cords running across the room. I also have a play3 in the wifes craft room and a play5 upstairs. It's great to be able to play xbox while my wife has separate music playing all off of the same system

It's a great system. I think a sub is now in order!

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I've got a playbar and two play one's, the whole system is awesome!

I was pretty lucky that my fairly recent Sony TV has an optical output that also passes threw surround.

Sonos will bring out a playbar two, but not that soon I wouldn't imagine. I love their whole system but there are a few niggles (mainly with the mac app) and I wish they'd bring out a dock or something so I can plug my iPhone in!

We've recently purchased the Sonos Soundbar, sub and 2 Play:1's for the living room, and 2 more Play:1's, 1 for the kitchen and the other for the bedroom. I'm suitably impressed with the entire system and even more so now Apple Music works with it

Reactions: GGG_666