Something missing on grill

Jaks101

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my car knowing it was a cat D I'm pretty sure it had a front end crash.

Looking at it now it looks a bit odd. You can see the crash bar behind the grill,should it be covered by a plastic trim.
Something is missing, any ideas?

think its normal. I'm not near mine so can't properly check but on inspecting photos of my front end, it seems the same. here is mine. seems to be the same.

Fullsizeoutput 7fb

Actually, just found a better pic of mine. seems like maybe there is a plastic cover and not exposed metal. Thinking about it too, is yours S3 or A3? cos i haven't seen a factory gloss black grill before.

Fullsizeoutput 7fe

It's an A3 but think it has s line bumpers on. I'm not entirely sure.

Reactions: Ormesome
It would be easier if you could post a full frontal of the car so we can see it and then help. Is it sportback,hatch or saloon?

Yeah looks little plastic cover / trim is missing inside - mine has it - shouldn't be too much of an issue as bumper bar is made from aluminium so wont rust being exposed to elements - just depends if that plastic trim / cover was meant to protect something else as well behind the grill etc ?

Yeah defo a cover missing there. Not sure what it's like though. The chrome on the fog lights has been painted black too, as has your grill. Not sure if there was a black edition with gloss black option, most iv seen I think are Matt black.