Something is squeaking

5C0TT

Reaction score
Before I return to the dealer and ask them to take a look.

I have a new S3 and I have a really annoying squeak coming from somewhere front passenger side (it's not the doors), it's not quiet, you don't have to 'listen for it'

Anyone else experienced this and have any idea what it could be.

mouse_in_car_eating_wire.jpg

Reactions: RO65ERS, Martinbanshee, pburv and 2 others
lol...Nice one simon.:friends:
As for the possible squeak you could try looking at the glove box mechanism..?:hi:

.......it was a bit cheesy really mate..........................cheesy, get it??!! lol

bNsTIB6.gif

Reactions: pburv
I had that! I could have sworn it was coming from the front passenger side, but when the wife sat in the passenger seat and it did it, she swore it wasn't from there.
Found it in the end, it was either the pan roof or the door rubber - went around them all with some silicone spray which I wiped over the door and pan roof rubbers and now the squeaks and creaks are gone.

Reactions: pburv
I'll gummi the doors again to be sure. Thanks

i get the occassional rattle (seems like near the rear part of the pano roof lining, opening/tilting the glass roof stops it.

Any idea what it is ? and how to fix it ? also seem to get a slight buzz from the seatbelt slide on the b column rear near my right ear. Pressing on it slightly seems to stop it.

i was sure that my squeaks were from the passenger side. i found out it was the drivers seat and the centre console! if you give the console a good wiggle, in the area close to your knee, and wiggle your bum in the seat!

if they squeak, they squeak! if not, then it rules them out anyway :)

I have the same thing and can't properly stop it.

Seems to be coming from the very top right of the inner door where it meets the dash when closed.

Think a trip to dealer is needed.

I chased a really strange noise from the rear left in my husbands car for ages. It drove us nuts.

Found out it was from the esky we had in the back.

#goodaussiefamily

i got this only does it when i go over bumps in the road or cats eyes, sometimes loud others not so really bugging me now cars only 5 days old too :(

The dealer mentioned a common squeak on the s3 is from the airbag under the passenger glove box. I've not had it, but might be worth having a look there.

Reactions: 5C0TT