Something I just noticed - dynamic + sport

Voronus

Reaction score
My S4 has 500 miles on the clock but I only just realised that even if you put the car into dynamic, it is not maximum sporty mode. You also need to knock down on the gear stick to put the gearbox into sport. Then on the VC it shows SX where X is the gear and dynamic underneath.

I thought that Dynamic would auto enable all options by default. Quite cool though to discover this extra fun mode after spending 500 miles already in the car.

Just to share incase any other new owner was unaware. Wasn't clear to me from the manual

I find if the car is running and I put it in dynamic mode it will automatically go into S mode. If you’ve shut the car off in dynamic and start it again then it defaults to quiet exhaust mode and the drive being in D rather than S. Cycling through the modes back to dynamic puts it in maximum attack again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x and Thundercliffe81
I find if the car is running and I put it in dynamic mode it will automatically go into S mode. If you’ve shut the car off in dynamic and start it again then it defaults to quiet exhaust mode and the drive being in D rather than S. Cycling through the modes back to dynamic puts it in maximum attack again.

Yeah same. Defo changes to S automatically when I select Dynamic. And same as you bud with restart.

Reactions: Daggerit

Yes same here, I always leave it in dynamic so didn't get the effect without the shift into S

Yes same here, I always leave it in dynamic so didn't get the effect without the shift into S

I don’t know if that puts all the exhaust and everything into the full dynamic mode or not, it’s not something I’ve tried to be honest.

My valves are always open now after the mod anyway so it wouldn't make a difference

So in summary, leaving it in dynamic is not achieving a huge amount it sounds like. Kind of annoying to have to manually cycle it through every time but worth it!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just shifting to S won't do it, need to cycle from dynamic back to dynamic when ignition is off then on.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit and Thundercliffe81
Just shifting to S won't do it, need to cycle from dynamic back to dynamic when ignition is off then on.

TX.

I remember @DeanoC having a thread like this with his RS4. Involved some recoding I believe. Or, just do the valve mod. Dynamic in 'drive' feels weird.

I remember @DeanoC having a thread like this with his RS4. Involved some recoding I believe. Or, just do the valve mod. Dynamic in 'drive' feels weird.

What you wanna know? I was the first to code the B8 to start in S and therefore not 'forget' the dynamic exhaust setting

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What you wanna know? I was the first to code the B8 to start in S and therefore not 'forget' the dynamic exhaust setting

Yeah that's what I meant. Think the OP was hinting at this being the problem maybe. Probably code-able. Everything else stays in dynamic on restart except the higher idle and valves.

Doing the valve mod seems to eliminate that for the most part but it still starts in 'D' at the lower idle.

Yeah that's what I meant. Think the OP was hinting at this being the problem maybe. Probably code-able. Everything else stays in dynamic on restart except the higher idle and valves.

Doing the valve mod seems to eliminate that for the most part but it still starts in 'D' at the lower idle.

They will I'll start it semi dynamic because of emissions and the fact that a change of driver may not expect dynamic characteristics.

You can code most models to restart in the close down state which will fix the issue

On mine I leave it in Dynamic and I'm pretty sure switching to S opens all of the valves without cycling through drive select.

On mine I leave it in Dynamic and I'm pretty sure switching to S opens all of the valves without cycling through drive select.
You're right but if you put it back to D it won't stick. What you can't do it get in, press start, pull the stick towards you twice. If you leave it in S you'll be ok

Perhaps just the RS3 but mine won't pop and crackle on a downshift without cycling the modes after ignition on.

TX.

Perhaps just the RS3 but mine won't pop and crackle on a downshift without cycling the modes after ignition on.

TX.

Correct. Just doing S will physically open the valves but not adjust the mapping to give you the over fuelling