SOMEBODY HIT ME!

MurdochA3

Reaction score
I walked out the door to go to work yesterday morning and under the street light noticed a strange shadow. Upon inspection some tw@t has smashed into my car and walked away. It cant of been done during the night as my car was parked the wrong way and it almost definately wasnt like that on wednesday morning. I can only think its been done whilst parked up during the day :(

I dont know who it was, i cant afford to loose my no claims on it and the bloke checking the CCTV is like houdini to get hold of. What are my options! shall i get the police involved or are they as useless as this security guard checking the footage? What's the best thing to do out of experience?

If you've no idea how it could of happened or who could of done it and you can't give any information to the police they'll not know either.

It's a pain in the **** that this has happened but other than footing the bill yourself there isn't much you can do, it's just the society we live in today and it ****ing stinks.

i know wheree its happened, and i know it was between 5 - 9 pm. And i know there are plenty of CCTV cameras there because its a brand new college car park. the college just seem very unwilling to help almost as if theyre thinking "not our problem"

well by calling the plod they can get footage from the cctv and the bloke in charge will have to give it them
you may not
but the cops are thick as **** and would rather chase some little **** for littering

A young guy backed into my car a few months ago when i was at sea, he was seen by my mother, so she phoned the police gave them her statement they then said they would be back when i got home, they did come back when i got but told me there was nothing they can do as it is a relative that saw it. So i had to fit the bill myself, while he gets away scott free. Its criminal.

A young guy backed into my car a few months ago when i was at sea, he was seen by my mother, so she phoned the police gave them her statement they then said they would be back when i got home, they did come back when i got but told me there was nothing they can do as it is a relative that saw it. So i had to fit the bill myself, while he gets away scott free. Its criminal.
well thats a load of ******
she was a witness
so if i saw someone stab someone they wouldnt do anything cos i was a bystander
give the reg details to your insurance and they will track him down take your mothers statement and contact the plod for the crime number and it will be sorted

Your dead right about it being criminal. Its around £600 worth of damage if i were to get it done by an audi dealership. I know id get it a hell of a lot cheaper than that but its not the point. The missus hit a Mini a few weeks ago and the first thing i done was told the owner who simply expected us to sort the damage out. Id like to think that somebody would do the same if it happened to me but obviously im wrong.

Its a joke.

If it's obvious damage caused by another vehicles as opposed to damage caused by an individual then it's a reportable road collision .

The criminality is the failing to report

Due to there being no exact locus , different forces will have differing ways in which they will record it . Some might say there is insufficient to substantiate a crime dependent on what trace evidence is on your vehicle

To identify the vehicle responsible they would need to narrow down the locus where they would look for pieces of the offending vehicle which might yield something or nothing

Once identified they would scope the area for CCTV & potential witnesses again if this doesn't provide any lines of enquiry ... Then it doesn't identify the offending driver ... Without a party responsible you dont have anyone to claim off

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated. I've been on the phone to the police and i need to go into the police station tommorow to report a road traffic collision. She mentioned that failing to report an incident (on the other drivers part, not mine) is a criminal offence and if found they are likely to recieve a bill for damages + a fine. So sucks to be them if they get found.
She also mentioned that with police involvement the college are going to be much more willing to help which is a good thing. Just hope the little ******* get found. Im expecting a clapped out corsa or saxo type heap.

Being a collage car park, keep an eye out at the cars, most likely somebody who goes there..

Put the request for CCTV footage in writing, and state failure to help, and legal help will come in.. (These are all steps I took in the past at a YMCA car park)

They were kind enough to set up a meeting and show me the footage, the footage was poor, but I could just make out a number plate.

next step, go on to askMID type in the number plate, and for 3.95 it will tell you who the culprit is insured with, and a claims number, and also the policy number!

Ring there insurance company, give them the details, forward a copy of the footage, and a few weeks later you should feel a little better

Thanks for that pal. Hopefully i get somewere with this, i feel better today about than i did yesterday. Hopefully i find this little twerp as all damages will be repaired at my local Audi :) ! Not a rubbish back street garagee were i would usually go.

well thats a load of ******
she was a witness
so if i saw someone stab someone they wouldnt do anything cos i was a bystander
give the reg details to your insurance and they will track him down take your mothers statement and contact the plod for the crime number and it will be sorted

Never thought about that thanks. First thing i will do when i get home from the ship in a weeks time.
I just hope a relative doeasnt watch me getting stabbed.

Under data protection law, anybody recording cctv footage is legally obliged to provide copies of this footage, if they are requested to do so, to anybody who may have been recorded in this surveillance. So if you state you have been recorded in these areas at this time they cannot deny you a copy.

Hope this helps, good luck.

You wont need to worry about that if the polis are carrying out an enquiry . As it is one of the lines of enquiry they will explore

Can I tell you that it's far easier for them to seize it and review it than a member of the public as freedom of information requests are edited to you don't get to see private information about others ... So in most cases the footage is worthless

It's all contained under ripa legislation

The type of camera position , time of day weather etc all impact the quality

Frankly alot of systems are pish and number plates are notoriously hard to capture . Data retention is also an issue as some companies scrub in certain timeframes

I nipped into the security office today whilst at college and he showed me a live feed of all the cameras around the area. One camera was STARING right at the scene of the incident it couldnt be any clearer. He said the cameras are fixed so it's likely that its been seen. So i gave him my number, he said he'd get back to me today. Still no phone call! What do I have to do there so fooking lazy its unbelievable!

I'll have to put this in writing before i run out of time to make a ****** claim..

Sounds **** that like! Didn't realise os was this bad tom! No way did emma already crah into a car? She's only been passed a month!