Some pics before it goes...

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
I'm selling the car to fund one last splurge before I have to go sensible and get an oil-burning estate!

So I took a few pics today and thought I'd post them up here...

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

510.jpg

610.jpg

710.jpg

interi10.jpg

interi11.jpg

interi12.jpg

I'll be sorry to see it go as it's the ONLY car I've ever owned that I've never had itchy feet with... until now.

I'll be getting another B5 after I have a bit of fun, so don't worry... I'll be back! :p

someone will be getting a bargain,what a shame you have to get rid,:unsure:

Shock, didnt think you'd sell her mate! Looking good as ever!

So, wots the last splurge then???

I don't HAVE to get rid... I just fancy a bit of rear-wheel-drive 'Motorsport' action for a few months...!

It's not really a bargain to be honest, as I've priced it for the money that I want... due to the fact that I'll not be unhappy if it doesn't sell! But... it is a very good car that (apart from a few problems brought on by me) hasn't let me down and has been great for the 18,000 miles I've covered in it!

so wot sort of money are you looking for it? very nice clean car mate. wots this rear wheel drive motorsport action all abou then?

Obviously this isn't a 'For Sale' thread, so I don't want to turn it into that by putting prices, etc up. :rulez:

I've got my eye on a '97 M3 Evo - My Mum had two and I've always wanted one... so while I've got the chance I thought I'd have a bit of fun. It'll probably have gone by the time the A4 gets any serious interest, so it may never happen!

No way dude, Dont do it!! Although good choice of car to change to if you do. The A4's looking sweet, bodywork looks like its amazing condition. Someones gonna be happy

Cheers dude.

The bodywork isn't in as good a condition as you'd think. The light in the photos seems to have hidden it all pretty well... the front bumper DEFINITELY needs some paint!

I have absolutely no qualms about selling this to anyone. I've just replaced the rear ABS sensor (hardest part was the replacing the grommet under the rear seat!) and I conditioned the leather... it's completely transformed the interior! The rear seats look like new again now. I will be sad to see it go...

Deposit now taken to hold it till the weekend... :icon_thumright:

Well, it's not sold until I get the cash in my hands, but the guy on the phone said he wasn't going to haggle with my price of £3,350.

I will probably drop £100-£150 if he pushes it when he gets here this weekend... but I've just passed on an offer of £3k cash and immediate pick-up this morning over the phone too.

I know you probably all think it's WAY over priced... but to buy a standard Sport, for say £1750 in decent nick, then do everything I've done to this, you'll spend way more than I'm selling the whole thing for (re-map/rims/suspension, inc arms & bushes/exhaust/etc.).

To be honest, I think the way you present your car for sale definitely helps with the asking price as well. If I took shabby photos on the side of the road, then I couldn't possibly present it for sale at the price I have done.

£3,350 is definitely TQS money, without a doubt... but for every car, there's a buyer. And if mine goes for this, it's good news for other B5 owners... surely? :beerchug:

Ye certainly.

Its a good price, and its good to know that it is possible to sell these cars for more than peanuts once modified.

Often you find that doing the suspension/remap etc simply makes the car easier to sell, rather than actually improving the money you get for it.

Hi mate, Hope all's good.

Sorry to see you're selling her but glad you'll be returning after your 'splurge' lol.
Can't really blame you to be honest.. I love M3s too :icon_thumright:

Zim Zimma Who Got the Key to My Bimma...

Cheers Lee.

I've seen a silver Evo saloon in Brum that I'm going to look at on Sunday. I hope it's as good as it looks like in the pics!

Will do. If it's any good, it'll be on my driveway on Sunday... with pics to follow!

Now i have no Audi friends in Grimsby :(

lol, Nice to see you got an amazing price though, but you'll have plenty of spares you need getting rid of hehe..

See you round soon?

LOL- Ben, I've had to step up my game to be able to keep up with your blue flying machine! Pop round any time fella (if the wife will let you!).

I've not got a lot of bits to be honest... bonnet bra, roof bars, MAF, cruise control and a spare standard grille. They'll all be going on eBay unless someone from here wants anything.

I'll be round Sunday night now, seeing my opponent! lol

If you need any help (but i'm sure your all sorted) on Sunday, let me know :)
Hope you get it tbh, seems like a steal..

I'll be in talks about the full cruise control set up..

Today's it's last day with me. Getting picked up this evening. I'll be sorry to see it go...

Ben... pop round anytime dude. The kit's sat in the garage (buried somewhere) but it's for DBW motors. Is your S4 DBW?

Oh, ****.

The guy's now let me down claiming that he can't get hold of the money as he's been let down with the sale of his Porsche.

Still here then. :o.k:

Today's it's last day with me. Getting picked up this evening. I'll be sorry to see it go...

Ben... pop round anytime dude. The kit's sat in the garage (buried somewhere) but it's for DBW motors. Is your S4 DBW?

I believe it is :) is that better?? lol

Say to the guy you'll swap for his Porsche! Unless.. Which Porsche is it? haha

I've aready tried that! With no luck...

It's a '90 964 Carrera 2 - probably about my most favourite of the 911 models... and the one I've always promised myself. He wants just shy of £13k for it though.

Here's the replacement. Not as nice to drive round town (it's a bit of an effort compared to the Sport - but worth it).

If/when you see it in the flesh and have a run in it... you'll understand why I bought it. And it was cheaper than my A4 sold for!

m3_ori10.jpg

What headlights are you running on the A4? like the look of them.

Normal headlights with Lamin-x removable film on them.

You see funnily enough I like those disc wheels on the B5, cant explain it & highly unusual for me, but they do say something to me, apart from sold lol.

Good stuff Geeman, did original buyer sort issues out then and hold up his end?

Nice Beemer mate, had a 3 series Coup years back, was mint, loved it.

Yeah... the buyer for mine turned out to be okay in the end.

Here's one more pic - you'll understand why I went for it then! The bodywork is mint on it (much better than my A4 was!) and it runs beautifully.

m3_410.jpg

Sure do mate.

Next Beemer i get will be either e46 m3, or e39 m5!

Wots on the cards then, standard or modifying it???