Some odds and ends needed for my track car

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Had a look over it tonight and i'm needing some bits.

Has anyone got a standard 1.8T intercooler bracket knocking around?

Also needing a stock airbox lid, again for 1.8T.

Boost crossover pipe?

I'll probably nip along to the scrappy at the weekend if no-one has anything knocking around.

Cheers
Kev

jbh: I've had a look and yes, the intercooler bracket (and intercooler, but i've got one of those) is the same as the TDI part. The boost crossover pipe is the same too. Airbox lid is different though.

Scott: I know its a bit cheeky, but the problem is its stuff that folk never actually "sell" and putting an Ad in classifieds is pointless. Its the sort of junk that lays around the back of a garage then goes in the bin, or gets left on a car and sent to the scrappy because its not worth anything and the owner cant be ***** removing it ;)

Bigger items that people typically place wanted ads for is somewhat different to "has anyone got a spare left handed doohicky widget knocking around" and you know it!

Reactions: ScottD3
Hi Kev when you say cross over pipe is that the one that runs along the front of the car or over the top of the engine?
ill get the brackets off whats left of the silver avant for you. and im pretty sure ill be able to sort you out with the pipe.

James

Was at SCB at Newbridge on Monday they had a few B5 kicking about if thats any help

Reactions: foursprungdugtechnique
Cheers Murray.

Was going to pop over to the lochgelly one on saturday, but if they have nothing i might head over to newbridge!

They didnt have a black facelift B5 did they?

Hi Kev when you say cross over pipe is that the one that runs along the front of the car or over the top of the engine?
ill get the brackets off whats left of the silver avant for you. and im pretty sure ill be able to sort you out with the pipe.

James

Its the one at the bottom that forms part of the front panel. I bent mine towing the ****** car without it bolted on properly.

If you had a front panel with AC fan that would be good too, but if not i'll lash something up!

No, 1.8 airbox is different to the turbo one.

Good job on the other bits, need to figure out when we can meet up.

I might be in bathgate on friday evening. Will fire you a text in a bit.

They had a facelift avant think it was a diesel and had black leather interior

Reactions: foursprungdugtechnique
The cab driver pulls up to the car and beats up the thief. He gets the keys and delivers the car to your house. You offer to pay him, but he declines and bids you farewell..

u pull it in Inverkeithen has 2 green A4 in at least... Thats where my ones went LOL

One saloon and one avant

Perth have two PFL cars, if the weathers half decent I'll see what's on them. Both petrol tho.

Out of curiosity, does a PFL front window electric motor assembly and window fit in a FL door?

I went round a few last weekend, managed to get a front panel complete with the crossover pipe, and the power cable i needed.

Still need a airbox lid and some other bits, and want to have a look at the black one at SCB Newbridge so i'm going to head over there tomorrow and see whats about.

Little bump for this.

I need the timing belt covers (both) for a 1.8T (i think 1.8 20v would fit too)

And an airbox lid.

Scrappys round here dont seem to have any 1.8T's :(

I will be going to doncaster motor spares on thursday. Can have a look if you want.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer, i suspect though by the time you buy them and post them i'll have been cheaper getting them locally.

I really wanted to get the timing belt sorted in the evenings this week and get the front buttoned up by the weekend, but thats clearly not going to happen now, as i cant put it back together until i get these covers :(

I thaught it was only missing the top one, and figured i could fit that easily at a later date so pulled it apart and started changing the belt. Then i realised the bottom one had a huge section missing and has a big crack running thru it.

I have a feeling that one of the local yards had a couple 1.8 20v NA's, but i just skipped right over them as i was looking for TDI bits and a 1.8T airbox at the time. Unfortunately i cant remember which yard had them, so i'm going to end up going back round them all.

Unfortunately (for the car) i'm on holiday next week, so its going to have to wait until i'm back and have some time to be able to go to the scrappys.

Aragorn, there are two PFL B5's in Perth Scrappy. I need a window motor, cable snapped (for my FL Avant), got one off, took it to the car, plugged it in and.... Nothing.... Have to go back and get the other one I suppose. They are both 1.8 in the Perth scrappy. I'll get pics and part numbers if there are any covers