Some new toys :)

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
Hey Guys....

So with work being hectic over the last month, being to Germany to talk to some of the manufacturers of the VAG industry and getting 3 websites coded and online haven't had much time to be on ASN.

Anyway, have had time to fit some new and exciting stuff as well as testing some new products.

First and foremost I fitted some Team Heko window guards. They were a bit of a ball ache to fit to my car especially with the MY12 windows being so sensitive with catching. They do look good but have had a few gripes. When travelling down the motorway they sound pants as the wind goes over them but if you're listening to music it's bearable. I have folding mirrors on my car which fold up and in. Unfortunately the guards don't really cater for these (They only work with the fold in mirrors). As such, I now have a small nick on my passenger side wing mirror where it hits the guard. I have stopped using the fold until I decided what to do.

The next mod is more for my peace of mind in terms of security. This is a new product that we will be selling to VAG dealers and higher end car models. This is the ScorpionTrack system. It is a fully approved Thatcham tracking device. Amazing product. Full 24hr call centre support. Pinpoint accuracy plus a load of other cool features. There is one feature that blows it out the water though. The ability to see where your car is using Google maps on your computer/iPhone/iPad/Android/Blackberry (the list goes on) device. I love it. for obvious reasons, I don't have any pics of the unit or where I installed :)

Here's a screen grab from my iPhone (before anybody jumps the gun, this is not where my car is currently located or anywhere near where I live, just for demonstrative use)
22111d68.jpg

Moving swiftly on... The next new product that we are sourcing direct from Manufacture is an In-Car HD CCTV system with a 32gb card. I don't have any pictures of this yet but it's really awesome. Provides you with an event based or continuous recording solution. It's primary use is to watch the road and if there was an accident or anything similar it sees it. It also provides full GPS Google tracking during playback as well as monitoring speed/breaking and turning via an accelerometer. The quality is pin clear, including during night time driving. It was installed directly in front of my rear view mirror and hard wired so that it can't be seen.

Another cool feature is the motion activated system it has when the car is turned off via a special power management module it has hidden away to avoid battery drain. Take this for example... You park in a multi storey car park go off and do you shopping, come back and bash. A fresh new dent in your door and no note. This system detects movement when a car starts its parking manoeuvre in a space next to your car. This happens when entering and leaving. So if somebody hits my door the motion wakes the unit and starts recording for a set amount of time to catch the number plate of that car when they drive off. If the force of the door hitting your car is not enough, it will detect movement outside and will also wake the unit.

Few other mods I have up and coming and will be keeping under wraps :)

Took the chance to take a few pics the other day with my iPhone. Enjoy.

2357d02a.jpg

---

a24d194b.jpg

---

8a276a8b.jpg

---

f103c792.jpg

---

04e6ebf6.jpg

---

1145b9c5.jpg

---

63f5e488.jpg

---

29f07dd0.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
Great Little mods :thumbsup:.....Would love to see what the In-Car HD CCTV would look like behind the rear view mirror. Also the motion activated system. Sounds like a great idea.

regarding your team heko's, get some cutters and trim them down, they dont shatter, I have done this on mine, or rather the mirrors did it when I folded them in manually lol!

Not so sure about the window guards, is something that I associate with Japanese cars and/or import minivans.

Fab mods, Tim! Loving the sound of the HD CCTV system and can't wait to see your upcoming 'trickery'. Nice one! :wub: xx