some new toys arrived...NEW PICS !!!

2 things mate......

if you're running 10psi, the car is NOT standard. standard boost on an AGU is only 6-7psi at absolute most. 10psi isn't high enough to imply it's been mapped, but it's definately not standard.

Also, if you're getting any flutter when you back off, your DV is broken. SImples. Flutter is compressor stall, and is a REALLY bad thing for the ko3. a flutter means the diaphram is split and the DV isn't opening. This will give you REALLY bad fuel economy. poor throttle response, and generally is *****.

otherwise, good job!

its a new DV mate. its not broke. i know the stall is bad for the as there made from fag papers. dunno what it flutters, the DV works fine.

As for the 10psi... i did wonder what it was higher than 7. could be a chipped ECU maybe?

again on the flutter.. me and my pals have had the whole boost system off and everything tickadi boo!

Edit: fuel is really good, and throttle responce is spot on. Even more so i have fitted this induction jobby. Make sense it dont, feel free to come have a test drive :) (no sarcasem there or bitchyness) im serious mate!! were as baffled as anyone else why it flutters! Its not like the flutter the mk4 boys have coz they block off there pipes. its a loudish soft flutter if that makes sense. (shugs) i dunno!

Last edited:
if you're absoutely sure the DV is new and in working condition, then it must be a vacuum problem mate.

I can promise you, if you're getting a flutter, then the DV is not operating when you back off. you should get a single WOOOOOOSH, and nothing more.

10psi seems very low for a remap, a ko3 is usually mapped to 15psi. could there be a boost controller hidden in there somewhere?

na deffo no boost controller.. i like my engine. like i say, we have had the whole boost system off. vac only reads -13 which i thinks low as my AEB lump was at -20 psi. and so was the scoob. Myself and Byzan fitted this engine when my mate owned it. there is deffo no MBC. me dunno :( not unless Audi sold me a dud DV. anyone got a spare i could try?

yea, something is Odd mate, sounds like the vacuum line to the DV perhaps, that would cause low vac readings and stop the DV from working.

You should be seeing -20 vac when warmed up, and you should definately not have any flutter. so something isn't working. the increased boost is very odd though, extra preload on the actuator perhaps?

dunno my man really.... confuzzled. Really dont need anymore dramas atm!! forking cars! i will check the little vac pipe on the top of the DV, Im sure the guys at AMD will advise me when i got get my REVO!! ....

woops did i say that out loud..... :yes:

hi mate. i replied regarding the Alloys about 5 mins ago. Did you not get it?

ok.. there for quick sale as i need the funds to boot up my 18"s. cash on collection. da14 post code.

there mint with 5-6mm+ tread on all 4 corners. 1 odd center cap as some oik robbed one! i bought it to spray it but havent got round to it. simples! :)

Sorry mods.. but PMs are obviously not working.

wouldnt be til the end of the month when i get my 3 monthly bonus paid but deff intrested, are the then 5x100?

yep they 5x100 mate.

if i still have them mate there yours. But i have other interest on other forums too. and ASN is the only place there £180. there £200 every where alse :) I would hold them for you but i really need my 18"s on before i fit my coilovers. :)

Yea i understand mate, payday is the 25th so would love them as i have the standerd 15'' 6 spoke at the mo and on the 3 cars iv owned so far iv not had a nice big set of alloys, would you think about taking a deposit to hold them? if not il be bugging u around the 25th :D

:( mate really, under normal circumstances i would hold them/take a deposit. The fact i just been made redundent too dont help the cause either. I need the 18`s on before i can fit my coilovers and the rest of the gubbings i have. its silly to do it all twice. plus my lower arms really clonking now. Im not excusing you out dude, but in this instance i just cant do it. im sorry. Ask all that know me, i would normally.

sorry fella. :( :icon_thumright:

No probs matey, will be keeping my fingers crossed you have them at the end of the month, if not il have the month to finally spray and fit my s3 spoiler.

Animal:
They do make a massive difference. alot sharper steering. tho im going from past experience on my RS, A4 mk2 golfs and Scooby. (these were all lowered) The A3 one is not actually on yet as it started to pi$$ down. they do make a noticable difference i think. I mate try and find a rear 1 as well.

mattyboy:
I just gone for New O/E mounts and bearings. The other bushs (ARBs wishbones and engine mounts) are all powerflex ones.

are you fitting them yourself ? do you know how ?

er.... yes i do know how.... have done this many times before. :) thats a funny question aint it? lol