Some new little bits for the interior .....

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just picked these up yesterday. Small but perfectly formed .....

2befceaf.jpg

.....and fitted .....

5a8d1a41.jpg

Also replaced the switch blanking plate on the right with this .....
d16bc615.jpg

Both bits look really sweet! It's the little details that make ALL the difference, well done Rob. :wub: xx

I want one of those s line thingy ma bobs, how much and where did you get that from?

Looks smart.

Thank you all :beerchug:

Both bits came from CarStyle4you and were reasonably priced. Took about 3 weeks to arrive though as I guess they are made to order.
What I really like is that they start out with 100% genuine Audi parts and then modify them so that the materials and finish are completely authentic. There's a decent choice of styles as well for both the glove box trim and the switch blanks.

Thank you all :beerchug:

Both bits came from CarStyle4you and were reasonably priced. Took about 3 weeks to arrive though as I guess they are made to order.
What I really like is that they start out with 100% genuine Audi parts and then modify them so that the materials and finish are completely authentic. There's a decent choice of styles as well for both the glove box trim and the switch blanks.

Glad you got yours I already have that small blank cover but I have Audi rings on mine but the glove box cover never came numerous emails over 2-3 months finally got a refund I would never use them again. Not trying to put anyone of but I'd make sure they have the item on stock before you place your order with them.

Doesn't look like they do them for 2012 models. :( I'd be tempted by an ejector seat or oil slick button. :)

I like the sline one, but I cant see the point of having a bose console button that basically does nothing if the grill have bose on anyway, but each to there own :)

Are the switch blanking thingys easy to fit? no hardcore wiring involved is there haha

Are the switch blanking thingys easy to fit? no hardcore wiring involved is there haha

Yes they're very straight forward. You have to take the radio out to gain access then just push the switch blank out from behind. The wiring piggy backs off the ESP switch so very much plug and play!

How would I go about removing the Headunit - I have the Concert Bose.

Love the S-Line bit mate!

I really like the look of the bose grills but not sure if they are really worth the £60..... They do look pretty cool though..

Si

I think i will be getting the Bose grills and the Sline glove box cover. looks quite nice

Rob2k68; can you post up a pic of what the glove box looks like from the drivers seat? i want to get a bit of perspective of the S-Line cover from more of a distance
Thanks

Rob2k68; can you post up a pic of what the glove box looks like from the drivers seat? i want to get a bit of perspective of the S-Line cover from more of a distance
Thanks

Here you go Ash, looks better in the flesh tho the photo doesn't really do it justice :-

214df374.jpg

@ Quattro 1981 - it was your post of those grilles on the 'Bose or not' thread that put me onto that website so cheers mate :icon_thumright:

My Quattro came with the word Quattro on the plate anyway.

Tempted by the BOSE blanking plate, but am I right in saying that the start-stop button is there anyway? My car's a few hundred miles away at an airport right now, so I can't check.

I have a quattro:wub: - so the quattro badge is stamped in nice and deep on the glove box rather than engraved (don't have a pic to hand right now!).. plus the location being right in front of your eyeline, I dont reckon the illuminated glovebox bit would look too good in the daytime. The speaker grilles are down in a dark part of the interior so they look alright any time of day.. When the LED's are off, the bit they shine through is kinda milky - I'll try and get a pic in a bit.. I also agree with A3_S-line, Bose overload on the logos! The speaker grilles are plenty

Here you go Ash, looks better in the flesh tho the photo doesn't really do it justice :-

214df374.jpg

@ Quattro 1981 - it was your post of those grilles on the 'Bose or not' thread that put me onto that website so cheers mate :icon_thumright:
Now just need the 2011 RNS-e.....:undwech:

Now just need the 2011 RNS-e.....:undwech:

I was very tempted when looking to replace the Concert ii+ that came in mine, settled with the Symphony ii+ and a Dension Gateway 100 ipod connector instead. Was worried about the RNS-E attracting the wrong kind of attention which is a shame as it looks like a great piece of kit :blownose:. Think a remap of some sort will be the next thing .........:hubbahubba:

I was very tempted when looking to replace the Concert ii+ that came in mine, settled with the Symphony ii+ and a Dension Gateway 100 ipod connector instead. Was worried about the RNS-E attracting the wrong kind of attention which is a shame as it looks like a great piece of kit :blownose:. Think a remap of some sort will be the next thing .........:hubbahubba:

I've got a Concert in my 2011 BE, not even a Concert II (how do they decide what to put in...?). What is the easiest/next best upgrade, like you although I'd like nan RNS-e I think the fitting is a bit too much aof a rigmarole...

Does the Symphony II+ slot straight in, need coding etc?

Yes it slots straight in but will likely need coding unless the car it came from has exactly the same equipment as yours Bluetooth,MFSW, etc also coding takes into account diesel or petrol and type of interior.

My symphony ii+ came from eBay and had a dodgy screen so I replaced it with one from a TT.

I've got a Concert in my 2011 BE, not even a Concert II (how do they decide what to put in...?). What is the easiest/next best upgrade, like you although I'd like nan RNS-e I think the fitting is a bit too much aof a rigmarole...

How can you not have a concert 2 in your 2011 BE, they dont fit older units anymore.

I believe I have a concert 2+ available if anyone's interested :)

How can you not have a concert 2 in your 2011 BE, they dont fit older units anymore.

I believe I have a concert 2+ available if anyone's interested :)

It's probably my ignorance speaking, mine just says "Concert" on it and I'd assumed it would say "Concert II"? I don't even know what the difference between the I, II and II+ is - is there somewhere that states it?

Single, double din, mp3 on cd, auxin compatibility, just newer units have of course different design & feature set :)

Single, double din, mp3 on cd, auxin compatibility, just newer units have of course different design & feature set :)

Ah right, so mine is a single CD that plays MP3's, has the Aux in so is a Concert II? or II+? Does that mean it is double DIN as well? (which I think is a form factor for the cage that hodls it is that right?)

P.S Rob2k68 - sorry for the gratuituous thread derail :beerchug:

Double din was defacto from late 06/07 onwards.

Sounds like a concert 2+, auxin is possible if its fitted of course.

Cheers as ever NHN, I'm slowly learning :icon_thumright: I have the AUX in socket on mine so I guess that means I'm a 2+ :sm4:

From what i understand then, I could physically fit an RNS-e without any major work to the dash, but I would need to get it coded...?

Yes it would fit, but you'd need coding, rewiring of the auxin & the antenna system would need an upgrade for optimal reception, PM if interested :)