Some idiot hit my car.

1.8JT

Boots Electric
Reaction score
I was following somebody into my work carpark this morning and security would not let him enter so he deceided to reverse into my car.

He had quite a run up & i was fully expecting there to be some damage.

Looking at the car in the dark (underground car park) i cant really see any damage but the people i work with are saying that there may be damage inside the bumber as there are shock absorbers that take the impact in these situations.

Is there any advice on what else i should be looking out for & any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that mate.
I take it you got the guys details?
Insurance or is does he want a quote for cash?

What Id do is get the front bumper off and have a good look behind and take it from there, Probably looks like there isnt alot of damage but without taking the bumper off you cant be 100%.

Have you got any front on Pics??

yeah I would also do a vag scan for any errors etc as u have the airbag sensors there aswell, I know it didnt go of but better safe than sorry, bit of a pratt huh, I mean you reverse so you instinctively check your mirror, you should have given him the link to the reverse camera mod on here, lol, seriously though I assume you have witnesses & his info like insurance & proof of ID.

Yeah i got all his details & its all on camera ( side view & right above).

Im going to get it checked out just to be safe.

I went into security office to watch video, im pretty mad with myself though cos im going mental while leaning through the guys window & he looks like he is pooping himself all while my girlfriend is trying to pull me away!

Its funny how the red mist takes over, I cant remember any of that!!

Thats natural, your bound to be ******, I would be if someone hit my car. Like you say though, once the anger kicks in, thats it.Nothing is stopping you untill that 30 second furious burst is out your system.:gun2:

Its good that you got everything on camera aswell, least you have 100% back up.

let us know how you get on when you get it checked out!

make sure you get bills for everything, even the inspection & your time of work etc etc as thats all covered to be paid for by his insurance.

Yeah **** happens like that & we get uncontrollable angry about these things, which worries me, then afterwards you regret & feel kinda shameful you acted in that way huh, I know I do, thing is, its a car, it can be repaired, if you'd lamped him one then what would of happened, but you are covered 100% for the car, so alls good huh fella.