Some idiot done this today

necroeire

Reaction score
only noticed it when I went out for lunch, a delivery van with a steel step reversed into it. No idea how to sort it? Any advice?

PICT0746.jpg

PICT0747.jpg

PICT0748.jpg

That's nasty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It looks like it's had a repair before, maybe a skim of filler there,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

I'd say a good 'Chips Away' guy would do that for £60- £80 and you wouldn't even know about it afterwards.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

bumpers are a nightmare, as you can easily repair missing paint, but you can't repair the cracked laquer.

Not too sure that chipsaway can do anything about that really.

how perfect do you want the finish to be?

Not bothered too much about the finish as after I cleaned the car on saturday it was dirty after 10 minutes driving anyhow. Just want the hole filled in and the guy that done it on his knees!

Does anyone know of a chips away or similar here in Ireland?

Well it may give me an excuse to get this kit - not sure about the sides though.

Kit

Either that or go for the full respray to spray the black trim too.

contact chips away, they CAN do that easilly, how do i know? cos ive just shown that pic to a mate of mine who owns part of the cheshire franchise,
you have nothing to loose as the quotes are free,
ive had bigger scrapes than that fixed by them in the past.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of a chips away or similar here in Ireland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they are in Dublin. Google them or Golden pages. They have 2 / 3 agents working in Dublin

Think that will need to come off and be sprayed. It has been repaired with filler before by the look of it and it is now down to the base plastic so will require flexable plasticiser applying to stop the repair flaking off...