some help please,after service

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
2nd time doing a service.
1st service no problems.
This time upon starting it,it ran fine for about 15secs then died?

Just cranks over but wont start?

Help please :-(

Ive double checked everythink but cant resolve?

Soryy its diesel 130bhp tdi

getting brakes flashing and beeps then a warning of oil pressure.
Both happen after i stop cranking?

Broken an earth somewhere? But as qj said, a bit more of description please! What have you disturbed?

I went for a long drive. This morning. Got back while engine was warm.
Changed air filter
oil filter
fuel filter
and oil.

Stated straight away. And just slowly died.

Just cranks over and over. But get brakes flash and beep.

Still trying but now getting low oil pressure as well?

Strange mate, work done doesnt really relate to your faults. Reakon you need to scan it for faults! Double checked the oil filter and cap is on correctly? Got the right oil filter? Just ideas and hopefully someone has some better ones for you!

I noticed that on the oil filter stick at the bottom rhere is no rubber ring, like a plastic one there, vuilt onto it.

Air lock in the fuel lines somewhere, I'll bet around the tandem pump on the camshaft,
try to crack the lines and bleed the air out. Mine done this last service, got as much air out as possible and just cranked the ******.
The flashing lights are the battery getting low, it'll say low oil pressure cos it isn't running...but turning over..

What a joke,problem solved...

Instead of a couple of hours,try 5!!!! for a service!

When revoving and installing air box,the tubing also has another pipe leading into the engine.
This had come loose = low oil pressure

not stating can only assume air in lines

beeping and brakes warning,think weak battery.

So got mrs car (jump leads) n cranked till it started,least 15 seconds of pure cranking,then jumped to life :)

Took for a spin and all is good. What a day.

When I changed my fuel filter I remember being scared that it wouldn't come back to life, but it must have been air. I just cranked and cranked and eventually it fired up. It was scary for a bit though, especially with the dragon breathing down your neck assuming you've killed it...tutting away.

You'll find if you don't fill the fuel filter, all the air thats in it will be pushed elsewhere in the fuel system, usually ending up at the highest point, if it gets round the tandem pump and it can't pull on the fuel it will be a pig to start, as it was.
That is one gripe of the Audi, it won't run the tank pump for long without the engine running, to purge the fuel system, believe you can make it with VagCom...

I serviced mine last week

I just replaced the fuel filter without filling it up started it up and left it to tick over and all was fine no problems at all

This is my 4th fuel filter on it and always dome the same with no problems at all