Some help for a newbie soon to be S4 Avant owner!

cfoster

Reaction score
Fairly new to the forum although signed up a short while ago, hoping to get some advice.... Had a quick search but cannot find the answers!

Basically i've sold my 350Z and looking for an S4 Avant (B6), got my eye on a few in the trader and hoping to look at some at the weekend.

All of them have FSH but one that I have the most interest in has 58k on the clock and due a service in 3900miles? Would this be a major service (long life I presumed they are called?)? I've had a look and got the service intervals but it didnt really help (could be me being a dumbass!!).

Also is there a buyers guide for the S4 anywhere on here?

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

Hi Chris, Not sure if there are any buyers guides on here. What are the miles between services? I think 60k is spark plugs but they might have already been changed. might be worth changing the coil packs as well.

knowing what I now know I would be weary of one that has been kept on the long life service. I think 20k is far too long for the same oil to be sat in an engine on any car let alone a V8 performance engine. So I am planning on changing mine at 3k and then at 5k intervals after that and having the yearly inspection service.

Also get a warranty! saved me £5000! any links to the ones you are looking at? there was someone on here selling one the other day. he had it on piston heads