some help / advise on my new little mod

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hi peeps
I am not a fan of the new grills on the sline as the look cheap. also there is no sline badge on it. i am planning on getting an s3 grill but for now i am going to fit my new ebay purchase.

Fitting Help
it has on the back some bolts and fixing plates but i cant get behind the grille how can i do this with out taking the bumper off ?
1320177996422.jpg

any way i know the badge is supposed to be on the bottom see below. but i would like to put it higher what do you think ? ( not my car )
1320153638542.jpg

see this old pic for what i mean about old v.s new grills ( 8p2 is none sline grille)
DSC00085-1-1-2-1.jpg

any help would be great

can't you unbolt the top of the grill on the slam panel and get your hand behind it or have they changed it so you can't , i still can't work out why they don't put s-line badges on the grills anymore

can't you unbolt the top of the grill on the slam panel and get your hand behind it or have they changed it so you can't , i still can't work out why they don't put s-line badges on the grills anymore

i know mate i dont know why they didnt stick the same bars on as the old one winds me up. hmmmmmmm just thought is there a rs3 stle grill out there for my shape ?

also do you mean this thing with the tx screws under the bonnet catch?

yeah i think there is 3 torx screws undo them and you should (don't hold me to it) be able to pull the grill out a bit and get your hand down there don't pull a lot tho don't want to brake anything pull it just enough to get your hand down there it works on mine i did it to get my audi rings out when i resprayed them black it might work but don't pull too hard otherwise you could brake something

yeah i think there is 3 torx screws undo them and you should (don't hold me to it) be able to pull the grill out a bit and get your hand down there don't pull a lot tho don't want to brake anything pull it just enough to get your hand down there it works on mine i did it to get my audi rings out when i resprayed them black it might work but don't pull too hard otherwise you could brake something
tbh i though it could be done just too scared to go for it ill give it a go and update my post tomorrow morning

it worked on mine I'm sure audi wouldn't have changed the cars that much after all its only a facelift so I'm guessing its the same if I'm wrong please feel free to mock me lol

lol dont ask

undone left and right centre one was tight slipped tx bit spooned just found another gonna try in the dark :cold:

rite so i go out with my brew/ new tx bit/ and petzl head torch and open the bonnet what happens it ****ing starts lashing it. i am sure some one is telling me somthing

well what a day !
still couldnt get the ****** grill off so nearly broke my fingers trying to screw the little bolts on but i done it woop.
it took ages this is a first fit and i know it should be lower but i like it there.
( i will do a proper job and cut down the backing plates at weekend)
1320319951362.jpg

1320319871922.jpg

1320319967367.jpg

went to work and on the way home the car ticked over like a bag of poo, smelling like it was burning four times more fule ( thought it was dpf issue) as i drive like an old women so booted **** out of it down the m62 and got home it was fine any idears?. fist time its donnt it and first time i have give it the beans.

lol got there eventually eh yeah get it down one notch and it will look even better than it does dude , cars don't like being driven round like grannies my car gets a bit iffy after a few days of granny driving so once a week ish i give her a "clean out" , more than likely carbon build up from driving slow just keep an eye on it if it does it again take to a garage to see if they know what it could be , sox don't know that much about oil burners never owned one