Some exhaust advice

DeanoC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll soon be in search for a bit more spirit from my OEM sports exhaust.

I've done a lot of reading on the forums and watched a whole load of videos and I think my preferred route is to gut the pre-cats and replace the centre silencer with an x pipe to maintain the stock scavenging but bring out some more of the soundtrack.

A few questions:

1) has anyone done this? Loads of B7 guys have but I'm struggling on the B8

2) If no to question 1 does it sound like a sensible idea?

3) who would people recommended for this work (I'm close enough to MRC, AMD, RS fab, JCweld fab) and what would you pay?

4) i know i'll get a CEL as the downstream lambda is behind the pre-cat. Some people move them downstrean of the main cat, some people code them out? What's best?

Appreciate the advice, thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hey everyone. I'll soon be in search for a bit more spirit from my OEM sports exhaust.

I've done a lot of reading on the forums and watched a whole load of videos and I think my preferred route is to gut the pre-cats and replace the centre silencer with an x pipe to maintain the stock scavenging but bring out some more of the soundtrack.

A few questions:

1) has anyone done this? Loads of B7 guys have but I'm struggling on the B8

2) If no to question 1 does it sound like a sensible idea?

3) who would people recommended for this work (I'm close enough to MRC, AMD, RS fab, JCweld fab) and what would you pay?

4) i know i'll get a CEL as the downstream lambda is behind the pre-cat. Some people move them downstrean of the main cat, some people code them out? What's best?

Appreciate the advice, thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nobody replied to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81