Some clarification needed please

BishAGU

Reaction score
morning all

I'd like to start by saying hello. I am a long time lurker and have finally joined up.

I have a conundrum and am receiving various conflicting information regarding mapping my car.

I bought a 1998 fsh 85k 1.8t a3 as a hobby car with a view to learn whilst restoring and maintaining a car I lusted after back in the day.

Having read various posts and calling AMD in Essex, I was told in order to remap my car I'd have to leave it with them for a week whilst they send the ecu away!

Now some older posts say it can be done on site same day?

Is this the case or is it such an old car now the tuners have stopped stocking the software needed ?

If anyone can point me in the direction of a mapper who can do my stage1 same day, I would be very grateful.

Ps. Lots of great information on here and I have already enjoyed and made use of the diy section. Many thanks

Jamie

Not many people doing the older 1.8T engine remaps as a lot of them can't be done over the OBD and people no longer have the equipment or time to dismantle the ECU's flash the chips and put them back together.
I believe Rick @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. may still do these.
I suspect Eddie (Toyotec) on the ClubGTI forum would still be able to help you.
http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?271005-Mapping-a-M3-8-3-ecu
I know, it is quite annoying! If I'd know. I would have bought a facelift.

Thanks for the help I'll follow the link and report back if it's doable

Cheers

Hi guys, no reply from either. Is it really that hard to map my ecu :(

Can badger do it ? I really want to book it in!

Jamie

If you really want to keep this particular car, have a look on the forum for "wideband conversion"...

If you really want to keep this particular car, have a look on the forum for "wideband conversion"...
Hi mate found out that rick at unicorn developments can do my map. I'm booking in today.

Thanks