Solid or Metallic

LeedsDriver

Reaction score
Hi All

My New S5 Coupe will be delivered next week, its been showing on yourAudi as having arrived in the UK for the last 2 weeks but the dealer said yesterday that its still at the Docks waiting to be delivered to the dealership, hopefully it will come next week.

Here is my question: I decided to go for Solid Black (Brilliant Black), is this paint colour going to look OK on the S5? I haven't been able to see one in person so I have no idea what to expect. I also chose the colour based on Price, I couldn't justify shelling out £645 extra over the 2 years that i'm going to have the car (I bought the car on a lease 3+23 payments of £452 per month).

It will look great, just a pain to keep it looking that way :)

if thats the "standard" black then mine is that, looks lovely. tbh i've not seen the metallic version of the black, i'm sure its nice. but I like black cars, so meh :)

Here is my question: I decided to go for Solid Black (Brilliant Black), is this paint colour going to look OK on the S5?

The black will look stunning but you have bought a new mistress that will require lots of loving and taking care of to get the best out of it! Black cars look beautiful when clean (IMO the best) but do show the dirt very quickly.

You will have to be very careful not to marr the paint as the BB is a softer paint than the metallics and it will show swirl marks quite easily so make sure your wash routine is good!

I toyed with going for black withy A5 but decided after having had a couple of black cars that it was time for a change and the Daytona Grey was a-calling!

Enjoy!

I toyed with black and grey for a while as i prefer darker colours. However my other half got to choose the colour this time and she went for Misano Red. Really happy with it. Suits the lines of the car and looks 10 times better in the flesh than in pics.