Sold the Avant!

pauldazzle

Reaction score
Well my beloved B6 Avant has a new owner.
Now on 238k miles it stands testament to correct servicing & maintenance, & Audi build quality of course.
Hope the new owner treats it as well as we did.
It's been a brilliant car, & had become part of our family over the past 6 years, & 80k miles. Never let us down, & is without doubt the most reliable of the many cars that I've owned.
Very mixed feelings as we all watched it drive off for the last time.:tearsofjoy:
This is the new toy,
BMW%202%20media_zpssrvnupvl.jpg
which softens the blow somewhat.
BMW%202%20media_zpssrvnupvl.jpg

media_zps1zxb0g64.jpg
media_zps1zxb0g64.jpg
a>

I'd just like to express my thanks to ASN, & it's members, for helping out on the very rare occasions that I had issues with car.
ASN is a great VAG forum, & it's been an absolute pleasure to be part of the ASN community.
I'll continue to stick around to give assistance when I can, so it's not goodbye yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattyboyc
Good luck with the new car Paul. Enjoy. :) x

Fortunately this car has had the Timing chains done by BMW in 2015, & then had the Swirl flaps removed. Certainly wouldn't buy it if hadn't.
It was a toss up between buying another A4 or a 3 series, & in the end it just came down to fancying a change.

May be i have been unlucky, had a 323i from a main stealer, engine let go after a week, they wanted me to go halves on a new engine, no way ended up swapping it for a 528i, that got written off, moved on to a 530i which had the flat battery syndrone, went through endless batteries until it dropped a swirl flap, that lunched the engine,
Moved onto Audi.

After all that I'm not surprised you aren't a fan of BMW.
My Avant was outstanding, but over the years of being on ASN I've seen a few horror stories from Audi owners.
I've personally had nightmares with a few Fords, & wouldn't touch one again, but some people swear by them.
Guess it's luck of the draw sometimes.