Sold the A3!!!

SUMMARY

Haldex/4WD is always working 10-15% minimum torque , the faster you go the more torque is transferd to the rear axel.

Under front wheel slippage/spin , up to 100% torque can in theory be sent to the rear.

I had the new Leon Cupra 240-260bhp Std , it span like mad , TC light going crazy without even trying coming out of junctions in the wet and sometimes in the dry.

Why do you think you hardley ever get the TC light on or spin the S3?

Because the 4WD is always on.

p

Well, to bring up an old thread, hopefully not causing too much trouble.

I've just been to Daves, and spent a good hour driving his M3.

It is, hands down, FAR greater than any A3 or S3 I have ever been in.

It really was rather heart breaking that his totally standard M3 was better in every possible way than my modified (at great cost) A3.

I couldn't think of a single driving related thing the A3 does better, aside from saftey issues with airbags.

The ****** thing even does 35mpg when driven normally.

It's really changed my mind anyway, I was dead set on an S3 in the next year, but having driven this, I honestly can't see why any serious driver would have one over an M3.

As for the whole interior arguement, the Dash and layout in the Evo looked no more dated than the dash in a pre facelift A3 or S3 of the same age. Theyre both typically bland and german!

find it funny that you were after an S3,have to try a blast in an M3 cheers for that Prawn

find it funny that you were after an S3,have to try a blast in an M3 cheers for that Prawn

Haha, Jason, just because I make a constant stream of S3 insults, it doesn't mean I dont want one !

I just want a quick one, preferably with an IHI.

I've always loved S3's, and will probably end up getting an 8P a few years down the line, I just fancy something different for a while.

Whilst the interior is a bit dated, like the older A3, the Vader seats were very similar in feel to the S3 recaros, and the room inside was surprising, with back seat leg room even behind me being so tall.

If you want something modern, comfy, and safe, then an S3 is the way to go.

But if you are buying a car, with the intention to own a serious drivers car, with a bit of refinement still and german quality, the M3 really is amazing.

What a great thread! Suprised at how unappreciated the Haldex system is, just because its not permanent I suspect!

I loved the whole my tyres are wider therefore I have more grip arguement too. Try doubling the width of your rear tyres....you will get twice the grip!....Or most likely it will handle like a sledge on ice.

I think for the everyday driver and road I'd prefer the S3. Much less likely to crash through the gates of hell backwards on fire.

Very true,your much more likely to understeer through them.

icon_lol.gif

L-O-*******-L

weee have to say this post has amused me for the past 20 minutes or so...

Dave, M3s are excellent cars, a fella in the apartments i live in has just bought the new M3 CSL, extremely fast, handles pretty well too... but just to put some **** in your pot, he says my TT handles better lol!

Dave, M3s are excellent cars, a fella in the apartments i live in has just bought the new M3 CSL, extremely fast, handles pretty well too... but just to put some **** in your pot, he says my TT handles better lol!

I bet he could thrash a feista ST though!!!

That was pretty low mister haha

Booking the TT in today, must be something wrong :p

That was pretty low mister haha

Booking the TT in today, must be something wrong :p

I know i'm sorry!! To be fair i think that your mate is pulling your leg, it surly must be tuned slightly, i think that if he finds maybe 30 horses from somewhere then the lightweight fester will give you a run for your money as how you said, i did read a while ago that alot of the st boys are having a remap done and raising the standstill limiter to 5k and using it as like a launch control thing..

Are you serious,your TT handles better than An M3 csl.Your mate is either a **** driver or he is having a laugh.

jojo didnt you know, the TT is front wheel drive so there will be no difference:rulez:

muhahaha just having you on. he does have an M3 CSL but the TT handles like a boat compared to it. He could tow me faster and round corners straighter on a towing dolly!!!!

muhahaha just having you on. he does have an M3 CSL but the TT handles like a boat compared to it. He could tow me faster and round corners straighter on a towing dolly!!!!
:eiertritt:

Now get yout TT sorted and show the fiesta ST who's boss.