Sold my black edition a3 for an imola yellow s3

R90 STL

Reaction score
Hi guys some of you may already recognise me from the forum. Last week I became the proud owner of an 11 plate s3 it has all the whistles and bells that I could of ever wanted ie black edition, s tronic, 3 doors, rnse cruise control sunroof etc etc. I was lucky enough to be given an 8v s3 for the weekend last month and I fell instantly in love with the Quattro and extra power that it had over my previous a3 2.0 tdi. I really liked my a3 but it just didn't have the performance that I was after and the 8v is out of my price range for just now as I study law in the evenings and that requires a good portion of my salary so the 8p3 was the next logical decision. I have always been a fan of the imola yellow but didn't think I would ever own one as I am used to black cars but decided it was time for a change and I'm glad I did! It gets some amount of positive attention. The car is excellent I managed to take it out for it's first proper drive of Sunday at a piston heads run and boy can it perform! I was happily keeping up with all the big guns such as Carrera s's gtrs and m3s on the country roads! Best driving experience iv ever had and a great day out. I have a few mods in mind such as putting my rs3 grill on this weekend with my short number plates, some led number plate lights that I managed to source that don't throw up error codes and a few other bits and pieces. I shall update the thread as and when I can. I'll be looking to go stage 1 in the summer then see where it takes me. Slippery slope that modding is as I'm sure you all are more than aware of haha! Anyway enough of my rambling here's some pics. Hope you like her :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 411
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 389
Reactions: wuta3, rdfcpete, Pur8 and 10 others
What the hell is happening with the letter size ricardo!?? Sore eyes ha...

dunno whats just happened, but its better now.... And you already know what I think of your car...? Snider!! Haha na love it... Probably hate it after the wkend though! And it looks like it will be raining sat and sun... So it doesnt really what matter what day it is, just need to grab the waterproofs...

Reactions: R90 STL
As i said on IG Rich, what a stunning car.

That's looking great, the combination of the black grille & the rotors compliment the imola yellow really well! Good choice :)

Last edited:
Thanks fellas really appreciate it. Iv been after one for long enough! Jacko we can use the garage if worst comes to it. Only thing it might ruin is your paul walker pic haha! After this weekend they will be looking A1. Cheers mark I was torn between the yellow and white but got a better deal on the yellow in the end plus means our cars won't be identical after all haha! I was sold on the s3 after u took me out in yours at Krispy Kreme meet but just couldn't get the spec I was looking for then. For once being semi patient paid off. Should hopefully keep this a good few years until 8v rs3 makes an appearance

Nice car, love the yellow!

Sometimes I wish my S3 was a different colour, something a bit more special.

Nice car, love the yellow!

Sometimes I wish my S3 was a different colour, something a bit more special.

thanks mate. I know my original preference was black white or sprint blue but the yellow will stand out from the crowd and to me I think the colour is awesome! grey and yellow go well together

Reactions: stetheo
Hi guys some of you may already recognise me from the forum. Last week I became the proud owner of an 11 plate s3 it has all the whistles and bells that I could of ever wanted ie black edition, s tronic, 3 doors, rnse cruise control sunroof etc etc. I was lucky enough to be given an 8v s3 for the weekend last month and I fell instantly in love with the Quattro and extra power that it had over my previous a3 2.0 tdi. I really liked my a3 but it just didn't have the performance that I was after and the 8v is out of my price range for just now as I study law in the evenings and that requires a good portion of my salary so the 8p3 was the next logical decision. I have always been a fan of the imola yellow but didn't think I would ever own one as I am used to black cars but decided it was time for a change and I'm glad I did! It gets some amount of positive attention. The car is excellent I managed to take it out for it's first proper drive of Sunday at a piston heads run and boy can it perform! I was happily keeping up with all the big guns such as Carrera s's gtrs and m3s on the country roads! Best driving experience iv ever had and a great day out. I have a few mods in mind such as putting my rs3 grill on this weekend with my short number plates, some led number plate lights that I managed to source that don't throw up error codes and a few other bits and pieces. I shall update the thread as and when I can. I'll be looking to go stage 1 in the summer then see where it takes me. Slippery slope that modding is as I'm sure you all are more than aware of haha! Anyway enough of my rambling here's some pics. Hope you like her :)

Haha i'm fairly sure from that last pic that this is the car that was parked next to the one I bought a few weeks ago! Inchcape Audi? I veto'd it on the colour because it looked pretty washed out in the dealer pic but yours look a lot better, lovely car!

Haha i'm fairly sure from that last pic that this is the car that was parked next to the one I bought a few weeks ago! Inchcape Audi? I veto'd it on the colour because it looked pretty washed out in the dealer pic but yours look a lot better, lovely car!

haha it will be mate that's where I bought it from! so was it YOU that bought the sprint blue s3 that I phoned up to enquire about haha? yeah the pics they took definitely don't do it justice I enhanced that slightly on instagram but the colour in real life is awesome. took a chance with it as it did look a bit washed out. full paint correction would have sorted it which was my logic but its really bright in person. Will still be getting the detailing treatment though

Ahh no, I had the Ibis white one but yeah it was with the Blue and Yellow in a trio at the same dealer haha, it got taken off the site pretty quickly and pulled to a closer dealership so I didn't have to drive 400 miles in a day just to decide!

That must have been sold then before I bought mine as it wasn't on the website. Nice spec tho! I took the gamble and asked them to bring it up to me in glasgow and fell in love with it when I saw it haha

I didn't realise how lovely the yellow is, looks fab in your photos :)

Orange was the only colour that I really didn't fancy, but this yellow does look quite special to be fair

Orange was the only colour that I really didn't fancy, but this yellow does look quite special to be fair

Cheers dude it's not to everyone's taste but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because I like it

lovely motor :D
enjoy it :D

I do like a yellow motor............ Fell in love with an S5 in that colour.

Enjoy buddy, sure you will

I'm sure I will. I consider myself very lucky to have a car like this. It was only 3 years ago I drove vw lupo haha I've come a long way

Nice car, there was a lady called paulie who had a yellow s3 on here had tasty mods dig up her posts

Yeah iv drawn some inspiration from her thread Imagejust missing some chrome rings! It'll go on this weekend

Reactions: discostu49
Wow! What a nice colour... it looks absolutely stunning, very nice colour contrast as well, black and yellow works really well!

Hope you enjoy that bad boy mate, n drive safe :)

Welcome to the Imola Yellow club, one of the brightest colours available. Mine stands out like a sore thumb in the work car park.
Nice example you have there.

Welcome to the Imola Yellow club, one of the brightest colours available. Mine stands out like a sore thumb in the work car park.
Nice example you have there.

It's certainly a very exclusive club! Awesome colour

Some pics from today's mods! Loving the rs3 grill and new plates! Helped with S3_JackoImageImageImageImage

Pics of the cars together. He done his new grill today as well. Cars look spot on. Great day too! Followed by a snow foam
ImageImageImageImageImage

Reactions: MorkC68, jimpa10 and L1ARR
Looks belting!

Thanks mate! U must have trolled through a lot of old threads to get to this haha hasn't been updated I a while. Peak exam time just now so not had much of a chance to do anything to her. Next month I'll be looking to get a full paint correction fit some new springs (most likely eibachs) then I'll look to get her mapped. Apr stage 1 is my preferred choice. Managed to give it a good clean and fit new plates on eventually but that's about it sadly!

ImageImage

Reactions: rdfcpete
Thanks mate! U must have trolled through a lot of old threads to get to this haha hasn't been updated I a while. Peak exam time just now so not had much of a chance to do anything to her. Next month I'll be looking to get a full paint correction fit some new springs (most likely eibachs) then I'll look to get her mapped. Apr stage 1 is my preferred choice. Managed to give it a good clean and fit new plates on eventually but that's about it sadly!
View attachment 32064

View attachment 32062View attachment 32063

It caught my eye in another thread. I'm due to pick up an s3 8v this week so I am struggling to concentrate at times!

It caught my eye in another thread. I'm due to pick up an s3 8v this week so I am struggling to concentrate at times!

I don't blame u I had the 8v s3 for a weekend and it's some machine! Love the quad exhausts and the noise it makes when you change gear :drool: