Software Version for A3 MHEV (35 TFSi)

KevyD77

Reaction score
So my 2021 car has been in today for a replacement gear selector unit and reverse camera control unit, and they have performed a "software update" recall.

I took a photo of the versions page before it went in, and it's exactly the same when I've got it back.

Is this already the latest version or something? Or maybe the software recall isn't related to the MMI system?

Cheers!
4d2e2253dbdf867a8bf4d66806d944e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I've got 3620 and that's definitely not the newest, sounds like they've had you on!

I've got 3620 and that's definitely not the newest, sounds like they've had you on!
Same here 3620 - Although that did solve the issues with SOS etc and allowed Functions on Demand to be added via the German website, but UK now works as well I believe

Thanks all, it's got to go back in for a new reverse camera and control unit (back order) so I'll ask them to do the update at the same time. Second try lucky!

Thanks all, it's got to go back in for a new reverse camera and control unit (back order) so I'll ask them to do the update at the same time. Second try lucky!

That will probably explain why they didn't do it (I'm not defending them because they can be awful sometimes) but the update relates to the camera and that solves the sos etc best of luck

So my 2021 car has been in today for a replacement gear selector unit and reverse camera control unit, and they have performed a "software update" recall.

I took a photo of the versions page before it went in, and it's exactly the same when I've got it back.

Is this already the latest version or something? Or maybe the software recall isn't related to the MMI system?

Cheers!
4d2e2253dbdf867a8bf4d66806d944e2.jpg

I went for 3 updates in Aug that's suppose to fix the SOS ping. Sadly I didn't see which it was prior. Came out, it was 3454. Ok n the way back from dealer. The dreaded SOS ping, but lesser extent this time. Trying to book another update for the software but the closer to me dealer didn't seem interested, saying I already had 3 updates

Same as others on here. My 9 month old TFSIe went in yesterday for the £250 :rage: first oil change including some warranty work to look at the attached recurring message on switch on. I took photos of the software versions prior to it going in (MMI 3611). On dropping it off they said they also had to do the SOS recall on the MMI so would need it overnight for this to be done as it's massive and takes ages. For Info I have NEVER seen the SOS message!

Collected it today and ALL versions are exactly the same as before. I have queried this with the service team and await a response.

I suspect they are leaving vehicles updating and for some reason it fails (we've all been there no doubt!) They then maybe are not checking the version has updated!

Attachments

• IMG_20221007_084011.jpg
    IMG_20221007_084011.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 121
Same as others on here. My 9 month old TFSIe went in yesterday for the £250 :rage: first oil change including some warranty work to look at the attached recurring message on switch on. I took photos of the software versions prior to it going in (MMI 3611). On dropping it off they said they also had to do the SOS recall on the MMI so would need it overnight for this to be done as it's massive and takes ages. For Info I have NEVER seen the SOS message!

Collected it today and ALL versions are exactly the same as before. I have queried this with the service team and await a response.

I suspect they are leaving vehicles updating and for some reason it fails (we've all been there no doubt!) They then maybe are not checking the version has updated!
The dealer charging £250 isn't by any chance on the south coast on the seaside is it?

My dealer got back to me on Friday. The MMI SOS recall is a service patch and will not show as a version update on the MMI screen.

So far in 6 starts of my vehicle since the work, I haven't seen the 'individual settings' message I posted above so it's looking promising that has been solved. ..(There, that's linxed it!:culpability:)

Same here 3620 - Although that did solve the issues with SOS etc and allowed Functions on Demand to be added via the German website, but UK now works as well I believe
I have software version 3691. 35tfsi made 4/22

Any noticable differences compared to older versions? I didnt have any problem yet with 3691, so im wondering what is changed.

As I know starting from 3620, Android Auto Wireless support is available.

Other than this, I do not know any noticeable difference.

I'm on 3801. A3 35 TFSI, built 07/22, in Greece.
No issues so far, except MMI some times takes ~20 sec to load the user profile, no big deal though.

Hello everyone,

I'm from Turkey and recently got a 2023 Audi A3 Sportback. My car's current software version is MHI3_ER_AU_P3843 (3843). However, I was surprised to find that it doesn't support wireless Android Auto or CarPlay, a feature even less premium models like the Clio offers.

I'm curious if there's a possibility to update the system. The dealership has informed me that I already have the latest version. Moreover, I'm not entirely sure if this limitation is solely due to the software. The hardware version of my car is H8Y0035048A.

It's quite disappointing to have such limited information about a feature in an Audi vehicle. Any advice or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.