1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Software updates for standard A3

CanadaA3wales Jun 30, 2020

1. CanadaA3wales

CanadaA3wales Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP

Does anyone know if they updated a standard MMI for a 2014 Audi A3 2014
    It does not have reverse sensors or Nav even though it has the capability.

From what Audi have told me, they cannot find any records for my car so unsure if it has ever had an update or ever needed one.

How do I know if mine if up to date or even if its worth finding out or any benefit ?

Thanks all

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. CanadaA3wales

Is there somewhere I can find different versions on different MMI
    I have the one thats on mine now, I am just wondering if its the latest one?
    MSTD EU AU P3151
    Bluetooth version 4160

4. JohnM100

JohnM100 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

5. CanadaA3wales

I thought my car was the FL version as the previous versions of the car are more rounded in the rear where as mine are squared off? Or are you talking about the screens having a PFL and FL model?
    Thanks for the link though

6. JohnM100

2014 is PFL unless someone has been retrofitting. Telltale signs are:
    Headlight shape
    Tail light shape (note yours is not uk spec)
    Interior button backlights - white vs red.
    MMI jog wheel / centre console design.

7. Peter82

Peter82 Member

Once they make car they will just make one software and that's it... they will not bother making any new..
    I couldn't register my car few months back but now I could I had to call any local audi to acquire my registration. Then I checked my page for any updates and there was nothing new .. and never was..

8. CanadaA3wales

Yeah I figured, wishful thinking
    At least I only have 1 problem to deal with which is quite minor and a seal leak from the sender in the diesel tank.
    Just needs taking off and seal replaced, its not urgent, just cant fill it all the way up as the fuel will hit the sender and seep out a little.
    It can wait, I am glad my air con was fine, so think I will just enjoy my car now.
    Doing a major interior detail, just want it perfect, I have all the tools as I am a weekend warrior lol but have not managed to get any decent sunny days where its not too hot and not raining

9. JohnM100

I had a PFL with MIB STD and A.S.S. The software version I had was P3151 IIRC and everything worked including subwoofer control - just look at the pain that people with FL and A.S.S went through. Bluetooth was patchy on iOS 11 but fine in iOS 12 and later, so not necessarily an issue with the MIB implementation.

Given the issues some have had, latest software is not guaranteed to be the best.

10. CanadaA3wales

I just found out that I can roll down my windows with my keys learn something new everyday Ha Ha
    Yeah everything is working perfect, not had any issues so will just leave it.

11. Peter82

Peter82 Member

Well everything is in manual so that's all normal but yeah ppl don't have time to read it..