Software update?

LeeJH

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am after some advice, spoke to Audi this week to get 2 tyres changed and it’s also coming up to my end of warranty. They advised me that I had 2 software updates that are due, one for a gateway And another one for engine management?

Has anyone had these updates and if so is it worth doing or avoiding, I don’t want the sound to go any quieter as mine doesn’t have a sports exhaust as it is. It’s a 2015 car by the way.

Thank you

I had all the software updates done and it made no difference to the noise. Now sold I do miss the noise :disappointed:

TX.

Reactions: Ozmosis, Radman, D0C and 1 other person
I have all the software updates on my RS3 PFL and no differences in noise also.

96D9 Is the update that could potentially affect the exhaust sound.
(Its the only one i didn’t allow them to apply on my PFL)

It is and I love it! Really miss the 3 though, great car.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
How does it feel speed wise next to the RS3? I appreciate it's obviously faster, by does it feel night and day? And the handling?

How does it feel speed wise next to the RS3? I appreciate it's obviously faster, by does it feel night and day? And the handling?
Extra torque is most noticeable, comes in hard at low revs. LC on another level, made my head spin when I tried it. At Rockingham next weekend so can compare it to the 3 last year.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman and D0C
96D9 Is the update that could potentially affect the exhaust sound.
(Its the only one i didn’t allow them to apply on my PFL)
Why would this make a difference ? From what I heard it fixes an issue with some cars where the flaps stayed open all the time. So unless your car is one of them what difference to a standard car will it make ?

Reactions: millsy75
From what I read, it also changes the rpm at which the flaps open/close.

But some say its the same before and after the update and some don’t.
All i know is that i like the car/exhaust as it is right now and doesn’t wanna gamble.

Let's be honest, current PFL sound is as close to perfect as you'll get. Any Audi "updates" won't be to improve the sound. It'll be to do with emissions or some other rubbish that will make it sound worse.