Software update bricking s5 coupe

Just catching up on this thread and what a nightmare for you guys. Quality has dipped unfortunately across the brand but we al hope that our car will be ok.

Are you in rejection conversations yet? It's gets harder the longer you leave it but with you giving them so many attempts and by sounds of it the car being back at the dealers more than you've had it - i would seriously start the conversations now.

It took me four weeks to get rejection accepted in Jan 16 on my car. Wish you guys all the best with the fix as the S5 is a brilliant car and I miss mine

I have kicked of conversations today as enough is enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: David McQueen
Mine's also March 2017 build, but not sure why it doesn't affect all cars though

Last edited:
I had started that conversation a few weeks ago, but was prepared to give Audi a chance to resolve as it might have just been a simple software update and would save all the additional hassle of rejection. I will decide over the next few days, but I just can't see any way forward with continual trial and error ... not quite what you expect from 'vorsprung durch technik'

Mine's also March 2017 build, but not sure why it doesn't affect all cars though

Is it just the sportback? the doors on the coupe and cabrio are different - longer and a different shape. maybe they have a different regulator

Mine is a October November build car and I've tried it with both the advance key and the regular one

BTW still getting high frequency of door/window failures. No fix in sight and waiting on Audi response to car rejection.

Got a new door/window fault now as well as the window not dropping. Today instead of dropping 7mm on opening, it dropped 10cm. Then raised 7mm on closing, leaving the window about 9cm open. Control system is now regularly malfunctioning with a range of door/window symptoms - I sure hope that's all it is, and no other more serious systems are affected. Doesn't inspire confidence in Audi quality.

Got a new door/window fault now as well as the window not dropping. Today instead of dropping 7mm on opening, it dropped 10cm. Then raised 7mm on closing, leaving the window about 9cm open. Control system is now regularly malfunctioning with a range of door/window symptoms - I sure hope that's all it is, and no other more serious systems are affected. Doesn't inspire confidence in Audi quality.

Same as mine does as well sometimes you will find that no matter how many times you press the button to lower or raise the window the car says no

Update - As Audi were unable to fix the window fault, they have agreed to replace my car and let me drive mine until then (build scheduled for last week in August), which is a good result

I have stuck with same spec, but I see now that the new A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro spec has changed - now has new Audi quattro with ultra 4x4 system which disengages the rear drive shaft. I'm not convinced that's progress, but time will tell and they're rolling out widely now. Also emissions / fuel consumption have increased which I believe is a result of stricter measurement changes rather than real world change...

Interesting that your new A5 2.o Quattro will be ultra 4 x 4.
I tried to get this clarified at Festival of Speed by asking the Audi UK staff present what system the S5 has.
I was referred to their so called expert and all he said was that if the car has the Sports Diff option I would have "Torque Vectoring" but as I kept telling him I haven't got that option, he couldn't say what mines got, Torsen 4WD or the new Haldex Ultra (which someone on here said S5 hasn't).

I would interpret his comment as 'if it is an option' on the model not whether you have it...

The S5 has sports diff option, so sounds like it stays with Torsen. Ultra better not be Haldex. It looks like a completely different system to me. I had to replace Haldex on my last Volvo 4x4 after 35k.

Update - As Audi were unable to fix the window fault, they have agreed to replace my car and let me drive mine until then (build scheduled for last week in August), which is a good result

This is great news! Hope there's not a production delay with the 2.0TFSI as per Autocar article

I have stuck with same spec, but I see now that the new A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro spec has changed - now has new Audi quattro with ultra 4x4 system which disengages the rear drive shaft. I'm not convinced that's progress, but time will tell and they're rolling out widely now. Also emissions / fuel consumption have increased which I believe is a result of stricter measurement changes rather than real world change...

Interesting that your new A5 2.o Quattro will be ultra 4 x 4.
I tried to get this clarified at Festival of Speed by asking the Audi UK staff present what system the S5 has.
I was referred to their so called expert and all he said was that if the car has the Sports Diff option I would have "Torque Vectoring" but as I kept telling him I haven't got that option, he couldn't say what mines got, Torsen 4WD or the new Haldex Ultra (which someone on here said S5 hasn't).

I've had a look on the quattro section of the Audi website and it shows only the A4 Allroad and Q5 use the Quattro with Ultra system, A5 is still showing as using the 50:50 self locking diff setup. The new Ultra system may be on the new A5 MY18 model year and they still have to update the site maybe.

Audi are definitely updating this webpage though as when I ordered my A5 Coupe back in December it only showed the A4 Allroad as having the Ultra Quattro system and now they've added the Q5.

https://www.audi.co.uk/audi-innovat...W7tPcAhwtUizrr7WuKdXydbJZwGRa6gytQaAkAt8P8HAQ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 20.03.04.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 20.03.04.png
    544 KB · Views: 179