Software update bricking s5 coupe

So a small update the car is still with the dealer until at least Monday, but on another note I religiously clean my car and ensure it remains to the standard it was when I got it detailed, now the long term courtesy car I have is well a state and is it wrong that I feel a need to clean it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean re the courtesy car. Me? I'd wash it.

PS. Hope they sort the windows. It's been going on too long.

I'll post some pics of how it looks at the moment as the car is not what I would call clean by a long shot

Regarding my car it's apparently been fed back to senior people back at the inglostadt factory now and won't hear back until Monday at the earliest

Regarding my car it's apparently been fed back to senior people back at the inglostadt factory now and won't hear back until Monday at the earliest

Interesting that, because the cabrio A5 is made in Neckarsulm - and I don't have the issue?

Well I dropped the car in.... again will let you know how things go

Did they say what they are doing to yours? I have just heard factory has produced a software update to address this - I will take mine in next week. I don't know what update does, but curious if yours in for the same fix or or they're trying something else.

Well I dropped it off at 9:30 on Tuesday and this is what it's been doing

Note the parked time

lCaNa8R.jpg

Not a lot then! As far as I know this fix is only just been released

Sorry I missed about the software update, mine has already had it apparently

I've been told the software wouldn't go on mine as it didn't apply to my car so I dont know if the update got the pre release update applied before when it went in for a an update

Issue escalated to Germany some time on Monday, they would need time to write and test update, so I think unlikely it was available earlier than Thursday. I have just been told about this today and my dealer is pretty responsive, so I assume it's only just been released. As you say may be different for your car, but as far as I know this wasn't available previously.

Well fingers crossed but I've not heard from my dealer at all today so most likely Monday will be next update

Here are some pics of the courtesy car and why it needs cleaned (since I got it it hasn't rained nor has anyone else been in the car and it's done 30 miles)

Oosh3TG.jpg

1WOeO8H.jpg

t7TusZk.jpg

y9RK2zG.jpg

OvuSYPM.jpg

ByL3srr.jpg

IsTw7XE.jpg

aHFq8To.jpg

That's disgusting! And they handed that out to you? What a disgrace they should be ashamed

I am having the same window problem on my S5 Sportback - the window doesn't drop sometimes when opening the drivers door for the first time after it has been locked. It is intermittent and probably only happens about 1 time out 8 but it is very annoying and prevents the door from shutting properly. It has been at the dealers in Milton Keynes since Tuesday - they don't know what to do to fix it and have apparently sent a video to Germany for advice - a response is expected on Monday but given your experience to date I am not expecting an instant fix!

Thanks for sharing, it seemed this was fairly isolated but clearly more people are affected. The more complaints, the more chance of getting Audi's attention. I hope the new software update this week will sort it for good, but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Here are some pics of the courtesy car and why it needs cleaned (since I got it it hasn't rained nor has anyone else been in the car and it's done 30 miles)

Oosh3TG.jpg

1WOeO8H.jpg

t7TusZk.jpg

y9RK2zG.jpg

OvuSYPM.jpg

ByL3srr.jpg

IsTw7XE.jpg

aHFq8To.jpg

That's not just dirty, it's disgusting. The dealership clearly don't have any pride in that.

That's not just dirty, it's disgusting. The dealership clearly don't have any pride in that.

Yep I will be showing the dealer these pictures when I speak with them, unfortunately my OCD when it comes to my own car means it's getting cleaned tomorow

Sparky. Why should you clean their car? Assuming you are going in tomorrow get them to clean it! Seriously, if that's how they hand out a courtesy car to a customer who's has been inconvenienced the way you have what would you expect in terms of the care and attention they would give your car?

Sparky. Why should you clean their car? Assuming you are going in tomorrow get them to clean it! Seriously, if that's how they hand out a courtesy car to a customer who's has been inconvenienced the way you have what would you expect in terms of the care and attention they would give your car?

Normally I would agree but considering I may have his car for 2-3 weeks I'm not driving in a car of that state

Spent about an hour and a half on it today not even close to what I would do on my own motor but here are some of the same parts from this morning post quick clean

hex1IL1.jpg

FxYkXDj.jpg

5ESlRV6.jpg

8uxRCJG.jpg

EaKKxGm.jpg

GWq6kam.jpg

Reactions: Joetidman, Polishdominator and Buck
That's how a dealer shout present a courtesy car imo

Reactions: Polishdominator and ruairi83
My dealer contacted me with the following

Code:
They have sent us a new software code to recode the door ECU but the code has not worked on our diagnostic computer, so we have contacted them advising them of this, they have advised us they are looking at it again.

I guess that's the same fix as for mine, but could be a slightly different version as different chassis. Mine's booked in Wed.

Hopefully a minor tweak to sort it.... but definitely not a good sign.

Any update on the new code? Mine goes in tomorrow...

None so far I'm afraid

Ok thanks, I've not heard anything either, but they might only find out tomorrow when then try load it.

Interesting - my car is still at the dealers - they have told me today that the factory in Germany now have a car exhibiting the same problems with the window and are still trying to work out how to fix it.......

That's good and bad news! At least they have one to test on, but doesn't bode well for us with cars in this week. I am wondering whether to wait.

Well it's 5 months ago today when I first reported the issue to Audi uk and having a look at my Audi connect the car has been parked up for the past 4 days 7 hours and 50 mins, after being parked up for over 3 days before that considering I handed the car over at 9:30am last Tuesday it doesn't fill me with confidence

So latest update is as follows

Code:
Good afternoon,

Sorry for the delay with my response.  We have contacted Audi technical again and they advise they have contacted the factory to speed things up.

I appreciate your concerns and we are doing everything we can to speed up the process and get your car back to you as soon as possible.

hXdpn1D.jpg

Also let's see if we can make it a full week of being parked up so I can go even more apeshit at them

I decided to drop my car in yesterday as planned. The dealer hadn't received any new information from Audi UK about other dealers issues with deploying the software. I didn't know exact versions involved, so decided to go with the best current advice from Audi UK. To be fair, I think the dealers are in the dark regards wider software issues/updates.

Well my update failed, as Sparky's had. No real surprise.

I don't blame the dealership at all, I've had great service from Aberdeen. I think they are totally in the hands of Audi UK and the factory when it comes to software updates. However, I think this whole issue has been mismanaged by Audi UK. They coordinate this across multiple dealers, and get all the failure reports and feedback. A bit like this forum :) There's no way an update should be should be attempted if the same update already failed. Its a waste of dealer resources and customer's time.

My car is still in, I have a new clean courtesy car, and I wait in anticipation of the next update...

Hi Guys, I collected my 2nd Audi A5 last Wednesday (short story - basically I wrote my first Audi A5 off after 2 months and it was a 17 plate as well).

When I collected the Audi A5 last Wednesday and as I was literally signing the collection documents a TPI software update came out so my dealer just updated it straight away for me there and then. So just to let you guys know there is a new software out for the Audi A5.

Thanks for the info. I was told on Friday afternoon that a new SVM update was released and will be applied and I will be notified of status on Monday.

Does anyone know what these different update codes are? SVM, TPI etc?

I was curious about this as well - found some info online:

TPI = Technical product information - basically a factory mod/recall
SVM = Software version management - after sale change or repair to ECU (basically a software update)

My understanding is that an SVM is a type of TPI. As would any other non software recall type bulletin.

Source: http://audiforum.us/threads/svm-codes.9261/

And still I wait

D39bosF.jpg

I was told this afternoon that the update was successfully loaded on Friday. They have been checking it today, and can pick it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Your dealer should have same update available....

Reactions: orcomma
Got it back today. Software SVM had been applied. Driver's window failed to drop when opening door this evening. Audi technical clearly don't know what's causing this or how to fix it.

I am now at a loss.

Got it back today. Software SVM had been applied. Driver's window failed to drop when opening door this evening. Audi technical clearly don't know what's causing this or how to fix it.

I am now at a loss.

What's your month/year of manufacture?

It's on the plate on the hinge-edge of the drivers door e.g. mine is 03/2017 - below the engine number

Audiplate

Perhaps it's limited to a particular batch of A5s? Mine hasn't exhibited it yet - 1260 miles in... perhaps they fixed it by March?